How to Channel the Style of Your Fave Full House Character
When we were glued to our TV screens in the ‘90s watching what the Tanner family + co were up to each week, Full House was packed with more than just on-point adolescent advice for everything from the most heartwarming ways to deal with family issues to ideas for what to perform at the school talent show. There was lots of fashion inspiration, well, everywhere you looked, and saying that the girls on the show informed some of our most important ‘90s sartorial choices would be an understatement (hello scrunchies, overalls and oversized everything).
Now with news that the beloved sitcom is getting a modern-day reboot, which will reportedly center around grown-up besties DJ Tanner and Kimmy Gibbler, the nostalgia is pouring in, especially in the style department. Not only are we obsessing over what the TV fam will be rocking in 2015 (namely Michelle’s potential Posh Spice-level style transformation if MK+A get involved), but also what *we* can wear to rep our fave “Full House” characters today. Want to know how to channel the Tanner girls’ radical looks, Aunt Becky’s #Girlboss vibes and Uncle Jesse’s rock star cool? You got it dude!
We’ll always have a soft spot in our hearts for overalls and scrunchies thanks to this precocious little munchkin/everyone’s fave little sis.
1. Forever 21 Overall Dress ($20): A more sophisticated version of your ’90s Dungarees, we’d wear this minimalistic jumper to work any day.
2. MinkPink Gingham Cropped Tee ($69): Gingham doesn’t have to be super girly. We love the edgy black and white take on this cropped tee that keeps its feminine feel with a flowy construction.
3. Bando Girl Talk Bobbi Set ($15): Show off your ‘tude (and tame those flyaways) with these playful hairpins.
The eldest Tanner girl always slayed at casual cool fashion, and we credit her for teaching us now go-to tricks to styling trick like cuffing the sleeves of an oversized tee or accessorizing with a belt to give your look a slightly Southwestern vibe.
4. Forever 21 Mom Fit Jeans ($25): A high waist and roomy fit was DJ’s denim style of choice.
5. Urban Outfitters Ecote Acid Wash Tee ($59): For a more sporty take on a basic tee, look for an oversized number whose sleeves you can roll up.
6. B-Low The Belt Ribbon Belt ($98): If a big belt buckle feels too “cowgirl” for you, try this knotted belt that cinches with a chic knot.
The middle sibling had the sartorial chops to match her spunky spirit with a major affinity for headbands (who didn’t?) and the fact that she was never afraid to rock a statement sweater — three sizes too big, of course.
7. ASOS Sweater With Chips ($54): Put a playful spin on any outfit with a statement sweater — bonus points when the graphic is your fave fast food.
8. American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Legging ($28): Turn the staple of your tween wardrobe into a 20-something outfit essential with a crisp button-up shirt and stark white tennis shoes.
9. Monki Tammy Silver Headband ($9): Keep the casual vibe of a jersey headband with some added glitz thanks to its sparkly silver finish.
The Tanners’ next door neighbor was a total hipster, dressing to the beat of her own drum and clashing colors and patterns like it was her job.
10. COS Cutout Check Top ($89): Give your pop of color an even more unexpected twist by rocking a garment in a neon hue.
11. Topshop Striped Floral Pelmet Skirt ($68): This skirt does the clashing for you in a super delicate, feminine way.
12. Happy Socks Stripe Dot Sock ($12): These multi-patterned socks are perfect for peep-toe sandals and ankle boots alike.
Aunt Becky was the #Girlboss of the troupe, rocking blazers, blouses and button ups, always with TV-ready hair.
13. Zara Piqué Blazer ($129): Put a softer spin on suiting with this mellow yellow blazer.
14. J.Crew Mélange Herringbone Pleated Trouser ($128): These chambray-colored trousers put a trendy spin on the traditional 9-to-5 garb.
15. Mango Textured Top ($50): This structural 3/4-sleeve blouse is the new oxford shirt.
Have. Freaking. Mercy. Besides being ferociously gorg — that mullet! — Uncle Jesse and his rocker uniform were the epitome of cool. Plus, his badass basics translate onto any person and any body type.
16. Forever 21 Faux Leather Moto Vest ($28): This ultra-casual way to rock leather will add some summery edge to your most girly frocks.
17. Everlane The Cotton V ($15): No wild child wardrobe is complete without this classic top.
18. Madewell The Boyfriend Jean in Afternoon Wash ($90): A slight slouch screams effortless cool — cuff those jeans and show off your fave ankle boots.
Which Full House character’s style is your fave? Tell us in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.