How to Channel the Style of Your Fave Full House Character
When we were glued to our TV screens in the ‘90s watching what the Tanner family + co were up to each week, Full House was packed with more than just on-point adolescent advice for everything from the most heartwarming ways to deal with family issues to ideas for what to perform at the school talent show. There was lots of fashion inspiration, well, everywhere you looked, and saying that the girls on the show informed some of our most important ‘90s sartorial choices would be an understatement (hello scrunchies, overalls and oversized everything).
Now with news that the beloved sitcom is getting a modern-day reboot, which will reportedly center around grown-up besties DJ Tanner and Kimmy Gibbler, the nostalgia is pouring in, especially in the style department. Not only are we obsessing over what the TV fam will be rocking in 2015 (namely Michelle’s potential Posh Spice-level style transformation if MK+A get involved), but also what *we* can wear to rep our fave “Full House” characters today. Want to know how to channel the Tanner girls’ radical looks, Aunt Becky’s #Girlboss vibes and Uncle Jesse’s rock star cool? You got it dude!
We’ll always have a soft spot in our hearts for overalls and scrunchies thanks to this precocious little munchkin/everyone’s fave little sis.
1. Forever 21 Overall Dress ($20): A more sophisticated version of your ’90s Dungarees, we’d wear this minimalistic jumper to work any day.
2. MinkPink Gingham Cropped Tee ($69): Gingham doesn’t have to be super girly. We love the edgy black and white take on this cropped tee that keeps its feminine feel with a flowy construction.
3. Bando Girl Talk Bobbi Set ($15): Show off your ‘tude (and tame those flyaways) with these playful hairpins.
The eldest Tanner girl always slayed at casual cool fashion, and we credit her for teaching us now go-to tricks to styling trick like cuffing the sleeves of an oversized tee or accessorizing with a belt to give your look a slightly Southwestern vibe.
4. Forever 21 Mom Fit Jeans ($25): A high waist and roomy fit was DJ’s denim style of choice.
5. Urban Outfitters Ecote Acid Wash Tee ($59): For a more sporty take on a basic tee, look for an oversized number whose sleeves you can roll up.
6. B-Low The Belt Ribbon Belt ($98): If a big belt buckle feels too “cowgirl” for you, try this knotted belt that cinches with a chic knot.
The middle sibling had the sartorial chops to match her spunky spirit with a major affinity for headbands (who didn’t?) and the fact that she was never afraid to rock a statement sweater — three sizes too big, of course.
7. ASOS Sweater With Chips ($54): Put a playful spin on any outfit with a statement sweater — bonus points when the graphic is your fave fast food.
8. American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Legging ($28): Turn the staple of your tween wardrobe into a 20-something outfit essential with a crisp button-up shirt and stark white tennis shoes.
9. Monki Tammy Silver Headband ($9): Keep the casual vibe of a jersey headband with some added glitz thanks to its sparkly silver finish.
The Tanners’ next door neighbor was a total hipster, dressing to the beat of her own drum and clashing colors and patterns like it was her job.
10. COS Cutout Check Top ($89): Give your pop of color an even more unexpected twist by rocking a garment in a neon hue.
11. Topshop Striped Floral Pelmet Skirt ($68): This skirt does the clashing for you in a super delicate, feminine way.
12. Happy Socks Stripe Dot Sock ($12): These multi-patterned socks are perfect for peep-toe sandals and ankle boots alike.
Aunt Becky was the #Girlboss of the troupe, rocking blazers, blouses and button ups, always with TV-ready hair.
13. Zara Piqué Blazer ($129): Put a softer spin on suiting with this mellow yellow blazer.
14. J.Crew Mélange Herringbone Pleated Trouser ($128): These chambray-colored trousers put a trendy spin on the traditional 9-to-5 garb.
15. Mango Textured Top ($50): This structural 3/4-sleeve blouse is the new oxford shirt.
Have. Freaking. Mercy. Besides being ferociously gorg — that mullet! — Uncle Jesse and his rocker uniform were the epitome of cool. Plus, his badass basics translate onto any person and any body type.
16. Forever 21 Faux Leather Moto Vest ($28): This ultra-casual way to rock leather will add some summery edge to your most girly frocks.
17. Everlane The Cotton V ($15): No wild child wardrobe is complete without this classic top.
18. Madewell The Boyfriend Jean in Afternoon Wash ($90): A slight slouch screams effortless cool — cuff those jeans and show off your fave ankle boots.
Which Full House character’s style is your fave? Tell us in the comments below.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.