17 Ideas for Your Game of Thrones Premiere Party
We’ve all anxiously been awaiting the return of our fave fantasy drama since the Jon Snow cliffhanger (seriously?!?) left us in complete shock. Now that winter is finally over IRL, Game of Thrones is returning this weekend for its sixth season. You know what that means? An epic premiere-watching party *must* be planned. The watch party essentials below are totally doable and will make your hosting skills fit for the iron throne — just don’t forget to whip up some GoT-themed party food. Think: dragon DIYs, King’s Landing-inspired desserts and plenty of cleverly named cocktails based on your favorite (or most feared!) characters. Get ready, April 24 is coming…
1. DIY Game of Thrones Dragon Eggs: This may not be a show for kids, but you can still save those plastic Easter eggs for some seriously cute party favors. Bonus points for finding little dragons at your local craft store to stuff in the eggs! (via Our Nerd Home)
2. Cool Material Game of Thrones Beer Labels ($3): Our fave characters may not have the luxury of bottled beer, but you can still get into the GoT spirit with these beer labels! We’re personally partial to the Night’s Watch, because, our fave Jon Snow.
3. Fantasy Flight Games A Game of Thrones: The Board Game ($41): You’ll probably need a game or two to blow off the steam after the premiere has ended. Grab your guests and get those gaming skills ready with this epic board game.
4. Hallelujah Print Jon Snow Tee ($11): Of course we had to pay tribute to our fave character. Who knows, this shirt could be your good luck charm to see what finally ends up happening to him…
5. Faux Pigeon Pie: And of course the most epic cake-cutting scene ever deserves a nod at the party. No need to grab a sword for this pie and pigeons because poisons aren’t included. (via A Table For Two)
6. Dragon Egg Cookies: These dragon egg cookies are the stuff of dreams. If you don’t happen to have a food coloring air brush handy, a careful cookie-decorating hand will do. (via Semi Sweet Designs)
7. PartyGamesPlus Game of Thrones Drinking Game ($8): Any true GoT fan will tell you that this show can drive people to drink. So grab the Solo cups and play responsibly.
8. Iron Throne DIY: Who needs a photo backdrop when you can create this throne? This simple DIY will be blowing up your IG feed during every commercial break. (via Imgur)
9. Night Watch Cocktail: Wondering if your favorite character will be getting the axe is kind of this show’s M.O. This gorgeous tequila cocktail will definitely help calm the nerves. (via Flicks and Food)
10. An Acquired Home Vintage Brass Goblets ($65): Those epic costumes may not be readily available, but you can still cheers it like one of the characters with these vintage brass goblets. Bottoms up!
11. Hip and Clavicle 3D Dragon Wall Decal ($14+): This minimalist decor is a cinch to install and will look great behind the food table. And bonus: There are quite a few colors available, so you can match it to your unique GoT decor theme.
13. Game of Thrones-Inspired Cocktails: What’s a good watch party without some deliciously on-point cocktails? These recipes are sure to be a hit with your guests, but it never hurts to have a bottle or two of blackberry wine just in case. (via A Heaping Spoonful)
14. Winter Is Coming Banner: Even though winter is *technically* over, this banner will get all your guests in the mood. Use it as a photo booth backdrop or hang it above the T.V. to remind your guests of the impending doom of the seven kingdoms. (via Your Friend Elle)
Planning another watch party this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more party essentials and DIYs!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)