10 Super Cool Star Wars Desserts for the Geek in All of Us
The Stars Wars craze has been going strong for the past few months — with R2D2 shoes, awesome fashion collabs and so much more. And now that the movie is *finally* out, it’s time to celebrate the best way we know how: with cute desserts. Join in the fun with a few of these themed desserts for you and your friends to snack on while you wait for showtime. From stormtrooper marshmallow pops to a scary sarlacc cake, these 10 super cool Star Wars treats are sure to please everyone — whether you’re using the dark chocolate or white chocolate side of The Force.
1. Star Wars Cupcakes: These cupcakes are all about the decorations. Flattened gumdrops are perfect for making facial features and Luke’s classic sideswept hair. Add lightsabers by wrapping a pretzel stick with a strip of gumdrop and attach it to the side of the cupcake with frosting. (via Betty Crocker)
2. Stormtrooper Marshmallows: Grab a food-safe marker and a bag of jumbo marshmallows. These tasty troopers are just as much fun to make as they are to eat. Insert a lollipop stick into each one and display. (via CatchMyParty)
3. Cupcake Toppers: Repurpose your Star Wars action figures by turning them into cake toppers. These would be great for a birthday party and are something you can whip up in minutes. Attach the candles with tightly wrapped rubber bands and let the battle begin. (via @wonderthreads)
4. Sarlacc Bundt Cake: This sarlacc-inspired cake is terrifying and delicious at the same time. The buttery bunt cake is drizzled with caramel syrup before being covered in Biscoff cookie crumbs to complete the creepy creation. Since real sarlacci don’t have teeth, feel free to skip those and stay true to the movie — or run with it, since they’re fun to make. Just don’t get too scared to dig in. (via Yummy Crumble)
5. Death Star Oreo Truffles: The great thing about these truffles is that they aren’t supposed to look perfect. Make your own gray candy melts by adding a tiny drop of black food coloring (a little goes a long way!) to melted white chocolate. Use the back of a pen or paintbrush to make small holes in the sides of the truffles. (via Tastefully Frugal)
6. Wookie Cookies: Pull out your gingerbread cookie cutter, because it’s time whip up some wookie cookies. Use the prongs on a fork to make the cookies look hairy before baking. The minimal amount of frosting involved means these cookies are easy enough for anyone to conquer. (via Nifty Spoon)
7. TIE Fighter Treats: Replicate your favorite TIE fighters with Oreo crisps and mini marshmallows. Dip the marshmallows in melted white chocolate and sandwich between the cookies. Yum! (via Pretty Providence)
8. Light Saber Pretzel Sticks: Pretzel sticks become lightsabers when you dip them in chocolate and add a printed paper handle. Stay with one color or go the multi-colored route and stick to the 11 colors mentioned in the movies. Die-hard fans and newbies alike will go nuts for these. (via I Should Be Mopping the Floor)
10. Carbonite Jello: Green jello is a simple way to please your Star Wars-loving friends. Suspend your favorite character in a block of the carbonite to solidify the theme and add to your decor. Then dig in and enjoy. (via Catch My Party)
What are you making to celebrating the Star Wars release? Show us your super cool creation tagging us on Instagram and using hashtag #iamcreative.
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.