25 Pieces of Geometric Wall Art We Want NOW
When it comes to decorating our walls, we’ve always loved thinking outside the frame. We believe that the more sides, the better, meaning geometric wall art is the best way to add visual interest to your space. From wood and canvas to paper and wire, you can find all kinds of inspiration with these pieces of geometry.
1. Geometric Paper Sculpture: Pick your favorite colors and get your origami on! We love this look for a photo or wedding backdrop, but it would also look pretty fabulous as a permanent fixture in your home. (via Make)
2. Bold Borders: Did you know you can print your own wallpaper? We’re huge fans! Check out this tutorial on how to work some printer magic, and then run a border on one accent wall for a bold look. (via Scandinavian Deco)
3. DIY Wooden Wall Art: How classy is this piece of art? We love everything about it, from the triangles, the natural wood and the color accents; this is one of those DIYs that we think you’ll keep around the house for a long time. (via Pneumatic Addict)
4. Geometric Paper Hanging: If you want to get a little more three dimensional with your geometric art, check out this cool wall hanging! Fold a bunch of paper diamonds and then hang them from a bar for a modern and fun pop of color. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
5. Woven Color Block Circles: Mix up colors and textures with this creative circular art DIY. Even though they are a little funky, it is still an elegant look with all one color put into the grid pattern. (via Design Improvised)
6. Geometric Wall Planter: Geometry and succulents combine to create a living piece of wall art. These little planters are completely unattached to each other so you can mount them in any shape you want. (via A Piece of Rainbow)
7. Canvas Painting Tutorial: Go classic with a canvas and paint project. Tape off some geometric shapes, then color block the rest of the pieces with bright colors to match your room or throw it into your gallery wall for a fun pop of color. (via The Plumed Nest)
8. Painted Tile Wall: For the lover of geometry, we present this incredible DIY painted wall. It looks like a well put together puzzle, and the color options are unlimited! If you’re looking for a weekend project to dramatically update your home, this is it! (via Design Sponge)
10. Faceted Gem Wire Sculpture ($30): Get some serious bling into your decor with these mountable golden gems. They are small enough to not look gaudy but funky enough to add a little playfulness.
11. Geometric Paper Garlands: Who says garlands can only decorate parties? It’s such a fun idea to have a mixture of square, circle and triangle garlands combined together to make a romantic and feminine take on geometric decor. (via Design Love Fest)
12. Modern Geometric Backdrop: With a few everyday tools, transform plain white poster board into a chic geometric backdrop perfect for a modern-themed wedding. Or place it in front of a brightly colored wall for a lacy peek-a-boo effect. (via Project Wedding)
13. Embroidered Wallpaper ($300): The bold graphic patterns on this wallpaper are created using digital embroidery. The “stitches” create a clean defined line and a dramatic effect that will make any room an intriguing space.
14. Triangle Shelves: Technically these are shelves for storing tiny treasures but if you collaged a whole bunch of them together they turn into a pretty cool dimensional piece of wall art. (via A Beautiful Mess)
16. Framed Mountains ($16): Add some angles to your gallery wall with these mountainous graphics. Any one of these colorful pieces would fit in perfectly to your home decor.
17. Hand Stamped Wall: This look was achieved with a hand stamp which gives it a rustic feel. You could try this on just one wall in an entryway for an eclectic welcome into your home. (via Apartment Therapy)
18. Bold Gem: The collaged look of this gem brings some color and textures into an otherwise white and neutral room. Geometric art is perfect in minimal decor because it brings in lots of shape without cluttering up the space. (via SF Girl by the Bay)
19. Geometric Photo Display: Even though this looks like metal, it’s actually made out of twine! Create a geometric pattern that looks just as good empty as it does covered in photos. (via The Caldwell Project)
20. Sharpie + Rubbing Alcohol Wall Textile: You can complete this DIY with items you have laying around the house, like Sharpies, rubbing alcohol, painter’s tape, cotton fabric and a spray bottle. (via Curbly)
21. Minimalist Art: This light and white dining room features a simple metal geometric shape mounted on the wall. The black metal coordinates with the chair legs to pull the whole room together. (via Transito Inicial)
22. Colorful Scandinavian: The bright colors on this tiled wall makes us so happy! We love how the dark orange triangles at the bottom turn into yellow at the top for a modern version of ombre. (via Colorful Home)
23. Paint Chip Wall Art: Got an empty frame laying around? Great, because you’re about to make some FREE art. Just go to your hardware store, pick up a bunch of paint chips, and you’ve discovered the secret to living the thrifty life. (via How About Orange)
What kinds of geometric art do you prefer? Steady patterns or random designs? Talk to us in the comments below!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!