25 Pieces of Geometric Wall Art We Want NOW
When it comes to decorating our walls, we’ve always loved thinking outside the frame. We believe that the more sides, the better, meaning geometric wall art is the best way to add visual interest to your space. From wood and canvas to paper and wire, you can find all kinds of inspiration with these pieces of geometry.
1. Geometric Paper Sculpture: Pick your favorite colors and get your origami on! We love this look for a photo or wedding backdrop, but it would also look pretty fabulous as a permanent fixture in your home. (via Make)
2. Bold Borders: Did you know you can print your own wallpaper? We’re huge fans! Check out this tutorial on how to work some printer magic, and then run a border on one accent wall for a bold look. (via Scandinavian Deco)
3. DIY Wooden Wall Art: How classy is this piece of art? We love everything about it, from the triangles, the natural wood and the color accents; this is one of those DIYs that we think you’ll keep around the house for a long time. (via Pneumatic Addict)
4. Geometric Paper Hanging: If you want to get a little more three dimensional with your geometric art, check out this cool wall hanging! Fold a bunch of paper diamonds and then hang them from a bar for a modern and fun pop of color. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
5. Woven Color Block Circles: Mix up colors and textures with this creative circular art DIY. Even though they are a little funky, it is still an elegant look with all one color put into the grid pattern. (via Design Improvised)
6. Geometric Wall Planter: Geometry and succulents combine to create a living piece of wall art. These little planters are completely unattached to each other so you can mount them in any shape you want. (via A Piece of Rainbow)
7. Canvas Painting Tutorial: Go classic with a canvas and paint project. Tape off some geometric shapes, then color block the rest of the pieces with bright colors to match your room or throw it into your gallery wall for a fun pop of color. (via The Plumed Nest)
8. Painted Tile Wall: For the lover of geometry, we present this incredible DIY painted wall. It looks like a well put together puzzle, and the color options are unlimited! If you’re looking for a weekend project to dramatically update your home, this is it! (via Design Sponge)
10. Faceted Gem Wire Sculpture ($30): Get some serious bling into your decor with these mountable golden gems. They are small enough to not look gaudy but funky enough to add a little playfulness.
11. Geometric Paper Garlands: Who says garlands can only decorate parties? It’s such a fun idea to have a mixture of square, circle and triangle garlands combined together to make a romantic and feminine take on geometric decor. (via Design Love Fest)
12. Modern Geometric Backdrop: With a few everyday tools, transform plain white poster board into a chic geometric backdrop perfect for a modern-themed wedding. Or place it in front of a brightly colored wall for a lacy peek-a-boo effect. (via Project Wedding)
13. Embroidered Wallpaper ($300): The bold graphic patterns on this wallpaper are created using digital embroidery. The “stitches” create a clean defined line and a dramatic effect that will make any room an intriguing space.
14. Triangle Shelves: Technically these are shelves for storing tiny treasures but if you collaged a whole bunch of them together they turn into a pretty cool dimensional piece of wall art. (via A Beautiful Mess)
16. Framed Mountains ($16): Add some angles to your gallery wall with these mountainous graphics. Any one of these colorful pieces would fit in perfectly to your home decor.
17. Hand Stamped Wall: This look was achieved with a hand stamp which gives it a rustic feel. You could try this on just one wall in an entryway for an eclectic welcome into your home. (via Apartment Therapy)
18. Bold Gem: The collaged look of this gem brings some color and textures into an otherwise white and neutral room. Geometric art is perfect in minimal decor because it brings in lots of shape without cluttering up the space. (via SF Girl by the Bay)
19. Geometric Photo Display: Even though this looks like metal, it’s actually made out of twine! Create a geometric pattern that looks just as good empty as it does covered in photos. (via The Caldwell Project)
20. Sharpie + Rubbing Alcohol Wall Textile: You can complete this DIY with items you have laying around the house, like Sharpies, rubbing alcohol, painter’s tape, cotton fabric and a spray bottle. (via Curbly)
21. Minimalist Art: This light and white dining room features a simple metal geometric shape mounted on the wall. The black metal coordinates with the chair legs to pull the whole room together. (via Transito Inicial)
22. Colorful Scandinavian: The bright colors on this tiled wall makes us so happy! We love how the dark orange triangles at the bottom turn into yellow at the top for a modern version of ombre. (via Colorful Home)
23. Paint Chip Wall Art: Got an empty frame laying around? Great, because you’re about to make some FREE art. Just go to your hardware store, pick up a bunch of paint chips, and you’ve discovered the secret to living the thrifty life. (via How About Orange)
What kinds of geometric art do you prefer? Steady patterns or random designs? Talk to us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.