Flower Power: 21 Floral-Inspired Garlands
Whew, it’s been a long winter, folks — but spring is finally here. We survived months of sub-zero temps and snowstorms… and we’re in the mood to celebrate! We’re ringing in the arrival of the sunny day season with some colorful garlands sure to make our nest every bit as gorgeous as our garden. Sweet strings are our newest obsession. We can’t stop looking at them! These fabulous flower projects need to be a part of your life right away.
4. Paper Flower Garland: A string of paper flowers is the perfect decoration for the limited budget. All you need to create this clever craft is paper, string and glue — along with a bit of patience. (via The Lovely Nest)
9. Tissue Flower Garland: We can’t take our eyes off these little darlings. If you’re wondering how to bring bold, bright colors into your space this spring, this garland is totally the answer. (via You Are My Fave)
10. DIY Coffee Filter Garland: Who knew coffee filters could be so enchanting? These garlands are straight from a fairy tale. Well, actually, they’re straight from the coffee aisle at your local grocery. DIY these ASAP! (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
11. Dip Dyed Coffee Filter Flowers: Here’s one more look at the magic you can make with coffee filters. These little papers are dip-dyed and strung up like blooming buds. Simply stunning. (via That’s Just It)
12. Spring Flower Garland: This flower garland is kind of the best. It can’t wilt or be crushed, and you can totally experiment with your favorite colors. Grab a few die cut wooden flowers and some paint and get creative! (via Poofy Cheeks)
14. DIY Wedding Getaway Garland: Throwing a party? Whether it’s an all-out wedding or dinner with friends, make sure to remember the flowers! This garland could be used as the perfect table centerpiece. (via Once Wed)
16. Beautifully Draped Pink Carnation Garland: Carnations sometimes get a bad rap. This gorgeous garland makes us think about the flower in a whole new way. We’d love to have one gracing our mantle… but it also makes a beautiful backdrop for a wedding, baby shower or any event. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
17. Crepe Paper Flowers: Paper flowers come to life in a few simple steps: cut, layer, fold and twist. This is a great project to work on while you’re chatting on the phone or catching up on the latest episode of Game of Thrones. (via Hip Hip Hooray)
19. DIY Spring Garlands: This is a thrifty DIY for crafters who happen to have leftover fabric scraps laying about. If you have a bit of ribbon and a bit of fabric, you can make it without spending a dime. (via Decor8)
Which garland are you going to be going after? String your thoughts in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)