Dodecawhat? 20 Gorgeous Geometric Objects for Your Home
Complex and simple geometries are all around us, and lately we’ve been seeing geometric patterns at the forefront of chic home design. We’ve delved into our own share of DIY geometric projects in the form of leather pendant necklaces and painted baskets, and now we’re here to round up some of our favorite geometric objects for the home. If you’re in the market for a bit of geometric goodness, we have one word for you: Etsy! :)
1. Geometric Pillow Cases ($20): We love how these pillowcases make us think of a color wheel gone geometric. We particularly love the mountainous design in the lower left.
2. Themis Mobile ($37): Who says mobiles are only for hanging above a crib? The bright colors and bold geode forms in this one are perfect for a colorful kitchen or modern workspace.
3. Off the Wall Planter ($20): How funny do those little cacti look? These off-kilter planters are great for adding a bit of life to any nook in your home.
5. Hand Carved Rubber Stamp ($10): Of course, if you want to add geometric designs to anything and everything, maybe you should invest in a set of hand carved rubber stamps?
6. Geometric Ornament Templates ($25): It’s never too soon to start thinking about how much this year’s Christmas tree is going to rock… or maybe it is too soon? Either way, we love the pale earthy hues found in this set of geometric ornaments.
7. Wooden Geometric Puzzle ($30): At first glance, we thought this was a pie-chart style cutting board! It’s actually a puzzle, but would make a great design piece for your coffee table.
8. Hand Painted Pine Keychains ($15): These gorgeous keychains combine a rustic slice of pine with rich hues and triangular shapes.
9. Geometric Neon Art Blocks ($57): Think of these as building blocks for grown-ups! Use them as bookends, paperweights, or as simple art objects in your home.
12. Aztec Hip Flask ($20): A flask is an object for the home… right?
13. Between a Rock and a Lamp Base ($79): Designed for a kids’ room, this lamp base could turn seriously modern with the right lampshade.
14. Neon Pink Air Plant Holder ($30): This almost looks like a game more than a place for your air plant to hang. We’re definitely putting this in our “to make” folder.
15. Pen Pots ($16): The mason jar in your desk is looking a little worse for the wear – upgrade your workspace with this sweet trio of pen pots.
16. Brass Prism Plant Hangers ($25): The juxtaposition of organic plant curves and hard metal lines is a lovely one.
17. Little Neon Nesting Dolls ($109): Nesting dolls for hipsters! We’re in.
18. Marimekko Ceramic Coasters ($23): You know we’re head over heels for everything Marimekko, and these coasters are no exception.
19. Snug Magnets ($20): We adore these magnets – a great way to keep all those invitations and photos on your fridge organized while still maintaining a modern design aesthetic.
20. Dodecahedron Terrarium ($160): And finally, a dodecahedron terrarium. This beautiful piece is perfect for all sorts of succulents, cacti, and even an air plant or two.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)