The Minimalist Baby Registry of Your Dreams
You’re having a baby! Here comes all the stuff. And while yes, it’s all adorable, those little bottles, books, and blankets can still bog down your abode in a jiffy. Striving for fewer, better things in the baby realm is achievable, however. We’ve rounded up 14 beautiful baby items that are true workhorses — think: multifunctional and/or they can be used for multiple stages of your child’s development. That correlates to less clutter, less waste, and less on your to-do list. Minimalist moms, unite!
1. Nurture: A Modern Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, Early Motherhood, and Trusting Yourself and Your Body ($23): If you read one baby book, make it this one. Doula, period coach, and co-founder of Loom, Erica Chidi Cohen is the new voice of modern birth and motherhood. Her holistic approach is refreshing, nonjudgmental and feels totally attainable. Don’t skip her simple yet satisfying recipes, and pay close attention to the postpartum sections too.
2. Colugo Compact Stroller ($285): Lighter than a standard pram but sturdier than an umbrella stroller, the sheer functionality and portability of the Colugo is pretty genius. We love that the seating pad and canopy are completely machine washable — and come in our fave prints, including floral, leopard, camo, and shibori. Oh, and did we mention that it folds with one hand?
3. Solly Baby Daisy Chain Wrap ($65): There’s no sweeter way to embrace baby-wearing than with a pretty floral baby wrap. A soft carrier is perfect for the first few months.
4. LifeFactory Baby Bottle Starter Set ($65): This set of glass durable bottles can be quickly converted to sippy cups and straw cups when the time is right.
5. Primally Pure Baby Balm ($16): This is an all-natural balm you can feel safe using everywhere from baby’s delicate skin to your sensitive nipples. With grass-fed, organic ingredients, it’s basically good enough to eat.
6. Storq 4-Piece Maternity Basics Bundle ($250): Enjoy these super comfy, well-made maternity basics you’ll live in for 10 months — and beyond. In cotton modal, they’re soft and ultra stretchy.
7. Oribel PortaPlay 4-in-1 Foldable Travel Baby Activity Center ($129): Keep your bouncing babe busy with a sleek and chic activity center. We love the fact that this one folds up — no sacrificing precious floor space. Bonus points for converting into an art table during the toddler years: Just add stools.
8. Parasol Diapers ($84/month): Highly absorbent, super soft, and chemical-free, these pretty printed diapers show up on your doorstep every four, five, or six weeks — you choose the frequency, then cross one more thing off your list.
9. Bloom Coco Go 3-in-1 Organic Bouncer ($180): A bouncer, recliner, and upright seat in one — we’re just wishing this chic design came in adult sizing.
10. The MoonWomb Pillow with Cover ($135): Use this organic, sustainably stuffed, crescent-shaped pillow from pregnancy through breastfeeding. It comes with a removable sachet of chamomile and lavender flowers for the dreamiest vibe.
11. Babyletto Black and Natural 3 in 1 Convertible Crib ($399): This striking, graphic, low-profile crib has four mattress heights and easily converts into a toddler bed or daybed for max usability. It’s so chic, we’re betting you won’t tire of looking at it for the next 3+ years.
12. Gathre Mint Large All Purpose Mat ($120): A picnic blanket, a crumb catcher, a play surface? These bonded leather mats are majorly versatile — and come in the chicest hues. Clean up quickly with soap and water and use it for life.
13. Boon Soak 3-Stage Bathtub ($30): Here’s a soaking tub that works from birth to toddlerhood, thanks to adjustable positioning. The drain plug changes color to gauge temperature and non-slip grips help keep your little one safe.
14. Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair ($259): A true classic, the Tripp Trapp high chair is made of solid wood construction, is adjustable for little legs, and pulls right up to the dining table, so baby can dine with you from six months to six years old (and beyond).
RELATED: 9 Diapering Station Must-Haves
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.