Mother’s Day planning can be stressful, especially if your mom’s gluten-free and you’re not quite used to cooking for her special dietary needs. Don’t sweat it! You can still fix her an amazing gluten-free meal that even you’ll be psyched to gobble up. Be ready to win the child of the year award, because no number of Mother’s Day cards can compare to making your mom a full meal from scratch. Keep reading for 13 GF recipes, from fruity cocktails to gluten-free desserts, that will make the perfect Mother’s Day meal.
1. Cobb Salad: This spring salad is a fun way to start off your Mother’s Day dinner, or to stand on its own as hearty lunch for two. Drizzle with homemade balsamic vinaigrette to finish it off. (via Healthy Eats Real)
2. Poached Eggs Over Asparagus Rafts With Spicy Chipotle Aioli: If brunch dates are your mom’s jam, then a homemade Sunday morning feast is totally necessary on Mother’s Day. These asparagus rafts are the perfect vehicle for poached eggs and a bomb chipotle sauce. (via My Lavender Blues)
3. Blackberry-Ginger Shrub Rum Cocktail: Shrubs are *all* the rage right now. Lucky for you and Mom, they’re naturally gluten-free too. Plus, you can make this way ahead of time — if you promise not to drink it all before Mother’s Day. (via Floating Kitchen)
4. Potato Salad With Bacon and Egg: This potato salad would be amazing if you’re planning on having a cookout for Mother’s Day. It’s so simple, yet so delicious, and can be easily modified to be paleo or Whole 30 as well. (via Noshtastic)
5. Double Chocolate Scones: You read that right. Decadent double chocolate scones that are, in fact, gluten free. Ground oats and tapioca flour make up for the wheat and provide a wonderful texture. You won’t even be able to tell they’re GF. (via Runnin Srilankan)
6. Roasted Fennel Potato Gruyere Tart With a Buckwheat Almond Crust: You would never want to show up your mom, but it is nice for her to know that you have skills in the kitchen. This tart is deceptively easy to prepare but tastes incredibly luxe. (via Cali Zona)
7. Paleo Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting: This cake may be dairy free, grain free and refined sugar free, but that definitely doesn’t mean it’s flavor free. It may take a little bit of work, but on top of making a delicious Mother’s Day cake, you’ll learn a lot about healthy food substitutes. (via Fed and Fit)
9. Raspberry Mint Limeade: A fruit soda that’s totally refreshing and good for you has to be too good to be true, right? Not at all! Try substituting your favorite sparkling wine for soda water if you’re in the mood for an adult beverage. (via Delish Knowledge)
10. Sautéed Herbed Peas With Bacon: Even the pickiest of eaters will be tempted by these special peas. They come together in just a few minutes, so you can wait until right before lunch or dinner to whip them up. (via Recipe Runner)
11. Grilled Scallop and Orange Skewers: Treat mom to a little citrusy surf-and-turf action this Mother’s Day. Grill up a nice steak to go along with these scallops and you’ll have one thankful momma. (via Paleo Leap)
12. Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad: This style of broccoli salad is an absolute classic. Chances are, your mom made something similar when you were a kid, and now it’s your turn to improve upon it. Instead of using mayo as the base, cashew dressing provides that same creaminess, with a slightly nutty flavor. Your mom will love this interpretation of the original. (via Eating Bird Food)
13. Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Baked Hummus Dip With Zucchini and Pimentos: It’s possible you’ll skip the main course if you bring out this dip beforehand — it’s that addictive. In fact, it’s packed with so many vegetables and so much protein, you may not even need anything else. (via Cotter Crunch)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.