15 Ways to Use Gremolata for Dinner
When it comes to quickly adding fresh flavor and color to your meals, nothing works better than gremolata. A mixture of chopped herbs, citrus zest, garlic, and sometimes anchovy, this Italian condiment livens up any dish. It packs a punch that helps balance out rich flavors, making you go back for bite after bite of whatever you’ve sprinkled it on. Try it on your favorite retro cheesy pasta dishes, in slow cooker stew recipes, or as the finishing touch on grilled pizzas. These 15 recipes will have you reaching for gremolata the next time you want to add some oomph to your meals.
4. Scallops With Pea Puree and Crispy Pancetta: Sweet peas make for a surprisingly luscious puree, and a perfect bed for any protein. Scallops, sweet in their own right, are the perfect accompaniment, especially with some herbs and lemon zest sprinkled on top to bring in some acid. (via Belly Full)
6. Braised Beef Cheeks With Chickpeas and Kale: Tender braised beef cheeks are even better when paired with a bevy of veggies. Gremolata and avocado add a cooling, herbal element to your bowl. (via Salt n Pepper Here)
7. Linguine With Sardines and Fried Caper Gremolata: Fried capers take on a surprisingly nutty taste in this dish. They’re tossed with parsley, lemon, and breadcrumbs, to top a pan of linguine and sardines. (via Carolyn’s Cooking)
8. Potato, Parsnip, and Leek Soup: Roasted parsnips add a pleasantly sweet flavor to this soup, which is balanced out by plenty of leeks and garlic. Potatoes keep things nice and creamy. (via Natural Girl Modern World)
9. Braised Lamb Shoulder: Keep braised meats from getting too overwhelmingly heavy by adding fresh ingredients at every level. Build your plate with mint-flecked mashed potatoes, and then top your finished plate with plenty of gremolata. (via The Wooden Skillet)
11. Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu: The slow cooker saves dinner again with this recipe, making easy work of this long-simmered short rib ragu. Toss with pappardelle and a zingy horseradish gremolata. (via Host the Toast)
12. Sweet Corn Soup With Gremolata: With its high starch content, corn makes for a surprisingly smooth and creamy soup. Tame its inherent sweetness with a pungent garlic and herb topping. (via Our Salty Kitchen)
14. Orecchiette With Kale, Turkey Sausage, and Gremolata: Turkey sausage helps lighten up this pasta dish. Orecchiette scoops up all of the good stuff, so each bite is bursting with flavor. (via The Foodie Physician)
For more ways to easily add big flavor to your meals, follow us on Pinterest.