Picture this: St. Paddy’s day is over but you wake up feeling a less-than-festive shade of green. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. There’s no need to call in sick, because we’ve got a whole lotta delish recipes ready for your recovery needs. These 18 eats (and drinks) are just the thing to take you from feeling under the weather to your usual stellar self. Weekday hangover recovery means make-ahead options and scrumptious, restorative smoothies are essential — you’ll find those and so much more here.
1. Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Sandwich: You’ll put a dent in your St. Paddy’s day leftovers and add some pep to your step with these open-face shredded corned beef, melty Swiss and poached egg sandwiches. (via Running to the Kitchen)
2. Tea-Infused Sparkling Water: Flavor your water with a little extra caffeine by adding a spoonful of homemade, tea-infused simple syrup. After all, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine (in this case, water) go down, right? (via Brit + Co)
3. Grits Two Ways: Creamy, made-from-scratch grits can be enjoyed by meat lovers and vegetarians alike with the two topping options offered; the choice between chorizo/fried eggs and greens/mushrooms is a tough one. (via The Blonde Chef)
4. The Post-Booze Detox Smoothie: If you usually reach for a Bloody Mary the morning after a night on the town, consider this smoothie instead. It boasts a lot of the same flavors, sans booze. (via Yuri Elkaim)
6. French Toast Sandwiches: Here, french toast meets grilled cheese to satisfy both sweet and salty cravings at the same time. Make them vegetarian-friendly by leaving off the bacon. (via Give Recipe)
7. Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Chilaquiles With Fried Eggs: Loaded with protein, veggies and whole grains, this skillet is a healthy, hearty way to greet the day. Cook up the sauce ahead of time to make your morning-of prep a breeze. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
8. Cinnamon Crunch Bagel Loaf: If the whole shaping-boiling-baking process of homemade bagel-making is too daunting, you’re in luck. This recipe streamlines the process, while creating a loaf that’s equally delicious spread with a thick layer of cream cheese. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Tater Tot and Sausage Casserole: Even though it’s the 18th, Irish nachos still have their place at the table. Assemble this tasty tater tot casserole the night before, and in the morning all you’ll have to do is take it from the fridge to the oven. (via Sycamore + Sprout)
10. Mocha Overnight PrOats: What’s not to love about a little protein boost with a side of chocolate and coffee? Don’t be surprised if these PrOats become part of your regular breakfast routine. (via The Food Crafter)
11. Virgin Ginger Mimosas: If you woke up feeling a bit queasy, this mocktail is a great pick-me-up. It’ll help you get hydrated, while also calming your stomach (thanks to a generous amount of fresh ginger). (via In Sonnet’s Kitchen)
12. Buttermilk and Cinnamon Pancake Sandwiches With Sausage: Sweet meets savory in every bite of these maple-syrup-drizzled cinnamon pancake and sausage sandwiches. (via Cooking and Beer)
13. Corned Beef Hash With Eggs: A greasy spoon staple, hash is such a great way to transform bits of this and that into something amazing. This one’s is loaded with corned beef, potatoes, onions and a whole lotta awesome. (via Foodness Gracious)
17. Green Monster Detox Salad: This salad is a stealthy way to continue to treat any lingering hangover at lunch. It looks like you’re continuing the festive St. Paddy’s Day feel with all of the green going on, but it’s really helping you recover from one too many pints of green beer. (via Honey and Figs Kitchen)
18. Strawberry Almond Coconut Water Recovery Smoothie (Paleo, Vegan): Coconut water and banana deliver a helpful dose of potassium in this sweet strawberry smoothie. (via Meaningful Eats)
Share your go-to hangover cures with us in the comments. Bonus points if they’re well-suited for weekdays!