15 Healthy Recipes to Kick Your Hangover’s Butt
After a night of New Year’s Eve revelry, the possibility of a painful, slow-moving morning the next day is definitely real… even if you take the recommended precautions. But with resolution season in full swing, hitting up your fave greasy spoon to find a hangover cure may not be high on your to-do list. Not to worry — these 15 recipes are sure to help out while keeping things healthier than most.
2. Cauliflower Crust Quiche Lorraine: Cauliflower crust offers a nice balance for the rich ham, egg and cheese filling baked within this quiche. It’s a nice compromise, if you ask us. (via The Iron You)
3. Chipotle Tofu Chilaquiles (Vegan): Quick to make and packed with flavor, this veganized version of the classic tortilla chip casserole may just become part of your usual weekend routine. (via Minimalist Baker)
5. Almond Baked Oatmeal With Roasted Pear and Grapes: Loaded with fruit and almonds, a bowlful of this oatmeal offers some serious (healthy) carb-y comfort. The drizzle of coconut caramel is a totally optional, but highly encouraged, finishing touch. (via Sun Diego Eats)
6. Healthier Chorizo and Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash: You only need a touch of chorizo to elevate the flavor of your next breakfast hash. Sweet potatoes stand in for the regular Idahos for an added boost of color and nutrients. (via Chew Town)
7. Grain-Free Biscuits and Gravy (Paleo): Grain-free, almond meal biscuits are the key to this paleo take on the greasy spoon favorite. It’s sure to have you back in action in no time at all. (via Simple Roots Wellness)
8. Mediterranean Flatbread Salad: Pizza meets salad in this delicious handheld hangover helper. The garlicky, homemade hummus that binds it all together sounds just as good on its own too. (via A Happy Food Dance)
9. DIY All-Natural Sodas: Even BC (before cocktails), we relied on ginger ale to settle our stomachs. Our homemade version is packed with tons of the fresh stuff and a squeeze of lemon — creating a sip unlike anything you’ll find in a bottle. (via Brit + Co)
12. Skinny Mexican Casserole: This meatless casserole is a cinch to whip up, and doesn’t taste healthy at all. Put an egg on top to transform it into an even more brunch-worthy dish. (via Damn Delicious)
13. Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza: Start your day off right with a slice of healthier-than-leftover-delivery pizza. Made with a cheesy cauliflower crust and topped with even more cheese and eggs, there’s no way to pass up a slice. (via Brit + Co)
14. Udon Noodle Soup With Chili-Lime Roasted Tofu (Vegan): This unreal udon just goes to show that chicken noodle isn’t the only soup to slurp on when you’re feelin’ under the weather. (via Dancing Through Sunday)
What’s your go-to way for beating a hangover? Share your detox and/or greasy tips with us in the comments.