12 Mother’s Day Gifts for the Healthy Mom
The best kinds of Mother’s Day gifts are the ones that show you’ve given thought to who your mom is and what she’s into. If your mom is the health-conscious type (or would like to get healthier), Mother’s Day is the perfect time to remind her you care about her wellness too. From rad leggings for yoga to essential oils for better sleep, there’s something for every health-seeking mom — and every price point — this Mother’s Day. Here are 12 gift ideas to shower Mom with good-for-her goodies on her special day.
1. Healthy Cookbook: Help your mom make even healthier home-cooked meals by gifting her a cookbook full of nutritious recipes. Try America’s Test Kitchen’s Complete Mediterranean Cookbook ($33), which provides 500 mouth-watering options for appetizers, meals, and desserts that conform to the Mediterranean Diet — widely recognized as one of the healthiest eating patterns in the world.
2. Fun Fitness Wear: With all she does for everyone else, Mom’s own athleisure isn’t always at the top of her shopping list. Let your mom sparkle with some shiny new fitness wear, like these I Sweat Champagne fitness leggings from Fit & Flirty.
3. Pretty Yoga Mat: A gorgeous new yoga mat could inspire your mom to get some much-deserved me-time through sun salutations and that sweet, sweet shavasana. Plyopic ($100) offers a number of intriguing mats, from beach scenes to Persian rug designs. Or, for extra variety, check out one of Gaiam’s reversible two-pattern mats.
4. Essential Oils Set: A gift that’s both a stress reliever and DIY cleaning product? Sign her up! Start Mom on the many uses of essential oils with a beginner kit. This one from Rocky Mountain Oils ($25) contains six sweet-smelling vials, each of which has a different purpose for health and home.
5. Healthy Meal Kit: The dizzying array of home-delivered meal kits on the market are not all created equal when it comes to health. Lighten Mom’s load — and boost her diet — with a subscription to a better-for-her meal kit service like Purple Carrot, which provides recipes and ingredients for plant-based meals. For even more convenience, check out Daily Harvest’s pre-portioned cups of frozen fruits, veggies, beans, and/or grains. They arrive ready to blend or reheat for quick harvest bowls, soups, and smoothies.
6. A New Kind of Massage: A soothing massage is a classic gift for relaxation for Mom — but there are ways to make it even more effective. Massage Envy now offers Rapid Tension Relief, a technology that uses a rapid-vibration tool to loosen muscles prior to massage, or in a session all on its own. Book your mom an appointment with this add-on to help her get more out of massage for physical and mental health.
7. Snack Box Subscription: Everyone loves to get mail! Surprise your mom with a fun monthly box subscription of healthy snacks. For Mother’s Day, you can’t go wrong with Love With Food, which sends subscribers a monthly package of clean-ingredient goodies — and then donates a meal to a family in need through a partnership with Feeding America.
8. Convertible Fruit Basket: Okay, a fruit basket as a Mother’s Day gift may sound a bit old-school, but hear us out. A 2015 study found that simply having a fruit displayed on the kitchen counter was a predictor of healthier weight. This adorable apple-shaped basket from Bonnie & Pop comes full of dried fruit — then converts into a trivet or reusable countertop basket.
9. Fitness Subscription: There’s a reason the hashtag #momlife is synonymous with too much to do in too little time. When it’s hard to squeeze in visits to the gym, perhaps your mom could benefit from an online yoga or group fitness subscription. Give the gift of at-home exercise with apps like FitOn or Alo Moves that offer high quality, trainer-led videos.
10. Healthy Cookware:Studies show that the more we cook at home, the healthier we tend to be. Why not gift your mom with an appliance that makes healthy cooking even easier? A spiralizer ($30) could be just what she needs to get some more veggies at mealtimes, while a vapor cooking set nails the caramelization of roasting or sautéing without added fats or oils.
11. Custom Water Bottle: Make hydration a little more fun with a water bottle that reminds a mama just how awesome she is, like this Superhero Mom tumbler ($15) from Zazzle.com. For even more customization, check out the site’s many bottle and tumbler templates that allow for personal messages or family photos.
12. Gratitude Journal: Giving thanks is proven to improve mental health. This Mother’s Day, help your mom document all the good in her life with a gratitude journal, such as this version ($7) from Pretty Simple Press, complete with inspirational quotes scattered throughout. She’ll probably be writing a lot about you.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.