Kickstart 2016 With 13 Healthy Recipes for New Year’s Brunch
2016 is almost here and you’re totally prepped to kick off the year on a newer, healthier foot. You’ve stocked up on fitness essentials, devised the perfect workout plan and stocked the fridge with all the superfoods you can think of. If you thought you were going to have to skip out on the yummy New Year’s Day brunch festivities to stay on track, you’re in luck! We’ve gathered up the tastiest recipes to help you celebrate and stay in line with that nutritious game plan. Get ready to fuel up for 2016.
1. Superfood Avocado Toast With Kale Tapenade: Good-for-you fats found in avocado meet with the powerful superfood kale for a quick detox breakfast. It’s the perfect followup for a late night of celebrating. (via Hello Glow)
2. Citrus Mint Salad: Fruit is far from boring when it gets topped with a light honey dressing and zippy mint. Citrus is packed with vitamin C and at peak season during the winter. Plus, this dish will add plenty of vibrant color to your table. (via Olga’s Flavor Factory)
4. Eggs in Hell: Poaching eggs for a crowd doesn’t get much easier than with this traditional Italian method. Eggs get bathed in a simmering tomato sauce and served up with plenty of crusty bread. (via The Chew)
6. Guacamole Deviled Eggs: Everyone’s favorite party snack gets a healthy twist with avocado in place of traditional mayonnaise. It’s so creamy, you’ll never go back to your old recipe. (via Jo Cooks)
7. Greek Yogurt Pancakes: Sometimes there’s just no substitute for a pancake breakfast. Fortunately this whole wheat and Greek yogurt version means you can curb your craving without derailing your healthy eating plans. (via Creme de la Crumb)
8. Green Goddess Dressing and Breakfast Salad: If you thought salad was just for lunch, think again. Sneak in an extra serving of healthy leafy greens with all your favorite breakfast staples, like eggs, bacon and potatoes. (via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
9. Chai Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta With Crunchy Mocha Quinoa and Pomegranate: Dessert for breakfast? Yes, please! This spin on panna cotta is low in sugar and uses tangy Greek yogurt as the base, so you can get plenty of probiotics along with a little chocolate and fruit fix. Serve as part of your main course or as a sweet and healthy ending to brunch. (via Butterlust)
10. Mexican Egg White Omelet: Spruce up the old egg whites with an extra dose of nutrients from tender veggies. The Mexican spin gives you one more reason to eat guacamole! This recipe easy quadruples if you’re cooking for a big bunch. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Healthy Egg Muffin Cups: If you’re looking for something healthy that you can make in advance, these individual egg muffins pack in protein and veggies for a super satisfying breakfast. (via Show Me the Yummy)
12. Savory Oatmeal and Soft-Cooked Egg: Savory oatmeal is having a moment, and you definitely need to jump on this bandwagon. It’s the warmest way to get your whole-grains, and it’s a great option for a DIY bar. (via Martha Stewart)
13. Cranberry Apple Compote and Honey Yogurt Parfait: These festive little cups are hard enough to resist. Wait until your guests find out they’re guilt-free and you’ll run out in no time. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
How are you getting healthy for 2016? Tag us in your photos on Instagram!