The Best Workout According to Your Zodiac Sign
With only one month left of 2015, it’s almost time to make good on our New Year’s resolution to keep fit. In addition to following a dozen fitness bloggers and getting our workout gear just right, we’re putting together a workout routine that will get us ready for holiday parties in no time. Not sure whether you’re a Zumba dancer or a P90X junkie? Don’t fret — these 12 workouts are specially catered to your Zodiac sign.
1. At Home With Jillian Michaels: Aries are fiercely independent and feel most confident working out alone. Jillian Michaels, celebrity fitness coach from The Biggest Loser, can definitely keep you motivated through your laptop screen (have you seen her Biggest Loser workouts?!) while tackling problem areas specific to your own body.
2. P90X: A Taurus has a “never give up attitude, which is exactly what you’ll need for this high-intensity workout.” Praised by celebrities like Ashton Kutcher and Pink, it’s a total body workout that includes just about every workout you’ve ever loved: resistance, body-weight training, cardio, plyometrics, ab work, martial arts and yoga.
3. Zumba: Grab some Gemini friends and get dancing. This sweat-friendly workout, created by celebrity fitness trainer “Beto” Perez, will have you burning calories without even realizing it. It’s sure to satisfy any Gemini’s need to socialize with a fast-paced and fun workout.
4. Pure Barre: Cancers are a bit of a wildcard sign — when it comes to a workout, they want something that tests their strength but also something relaxing and meditative. Pure Barre tackles both of these requirements and more with their low-impact, no-dance-experience-required classes designed to challenge beginners and novice fitness gurus alike. Just don’t forget to bring socks!
5. Weight Lifting: Leos crave power, and that’s exactly what weight training is all about. Whether your goal is strength, weight loss, lean muscle gain or just overall fitness, weight training can help improve just about every aspect of your physical health.
6. Tai Chi: Virgos tend to be in the mind, and require a workout that combines both physical and mental strength. Tai Chi is an ancient practice with origins in the Chen Village. Combining historic martial arts and meditative training, this ancient tradition is perfect for the modern Virgo gal.
7. Full Gym Circuit: Libras crave balance in life and in their exercise routine. Therefore, their exercise regimen needs to focus on all parts of their body equally. Full gym circuits are great for strengthening muscles, upping your cardio and burning fat.
8. Boxing: Satisfy Scorpio’s intense personality with a high-intensity boxing workout. Not only is it a great way to get out your workplace aggression, but it’s also a great alternative to running for your cardio quota.
9. Laughter Yoga: If you’re a Sagittarius, odds are you’re the happy-go-lucky gal in your squad. Get in a workout the right way with this trendy yoga alternative that actually requires you to giggle!
10. Marathon Training: Capricorns are super ambitious — maybe even ambitious enough to tackle a 26-mile marathon (the other signs may not join you, but we’ll gladly bring you water at the finish line!). While it may seem a bit out of reach for a beginner, there are tons of resources out there to help you start training.
11. Pole Dancing: Aquarius is the sign of individuality and rarely follows the norm. Mix up the standard workout regimens with a pole dancing class — it’s a full-body workout that’s guaranteed to get you in the best shape of your life. Be warned: Your muscles will ache for days after your first class.
12. Bikram Yoga: Pisces are spiritual and meditative, making yoga an absolute perfect fit. Bikram yoga is a series of 26 postures that’s ideally practiced in a 104°F room (can you say toasty?). The heat sweats out your toxins and is a great way to strengthen muscles. Just remember to stay hydrated.
What’s your favorite workout? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via John Sciulli/Getty)