20 Hearty Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes to Keep You Full All Winter Long
George Michael said it best on the very first episode of Arrested Development when asked “What have we always said is the most important thing?” “Breakfast.” We have to agree: Breakfast is the most important thing, especially during this busy season of holiday parties, college finals and traveling to visit family and friends — you need your fuel. But with all that hustle, the last thing anyone wants to do when they wake up is make a filling breakfast. If you’re already in the habit of meal prepping over the weekends — or it’s your New Year’s Resolution for 2016 — be sure to prepare one of these hearty make-ahead breakfasts that will keep you full all winter long. Never worry about what’s for breakfast again!
1. A Healthier Version of Taco Bell’s Biscuit Taco: Skip the fast food breakfast and make a way tastier DIY version of Taco Bell’s Biscuit Taco at home. Make the shells on Sunday and stuff with toppings in the morning before you head to work. (via Brit + Co)
3. Overnight Cranberry French Toast Casserole: If you want to make French toast for a crowd, this is the recipe for you. No need to stand over the stove — just pop this in the oven and serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup and fresh cranberries. (via The Seasoned Mom)
4. Sausage Breakfast Muffins: Not all muffins have to be sweet. Turn your standard sausage and egg meal into a grab-and-go breakfast by zapping one of these in the microwave for 30 seconds on your way out the door. (via The Starving Musician)
5. Healthy Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches: It’s the time of year you might need a “bacon, egg and cheese, please!” if you catch our drift. After a night of holiday parties, you’ll be glad you have a stack of these healthy — but hearty — breakfast sandwiches in your freezer. (via Dani California Cooks)
6. Pesto Egg, Ham & Cheesy Bread Bowl: Bread bowls aren’t just for soup — keep clean-up to a minimum by serving your eggs, ham and cheese in this edible bowl for one less dish to wash. (via The Little Epicurean)
8. Make Ahead and Freeze Breakfast Bars: You can’t find many store-bought breakfast bars that are both vegan AND gluten-free, so make your own instead. These ones are packed with healthy ingredients like oats, red lentils, hemp seeds and coconut oil. (via The Muffin Myth)
9. White Chocolate Cranberry Sweet Rolls: Cranberries are good for more than just as a side dish for your turkey or ham this time of year. They pair perfectly with white chocolate in this decadent breakfast. (via The Recipe Rebel)
10. Make Ahead Breakfast Quesadilla With Cheese, Spinach and White Beans: Now quesadillas are more than just a quick and easy lunch or dinner option — they’re a delicious breakfast too. Knock off a serving of veggies with this Mexican make-ahead breakfast. (via Well Plated)
12. Muesli Scones: Muesli has long been a healthy make-ahead breakfast, but who wants to eat something cold in the winter? Bake your favorite muesli into a comforting scone and prepare to be amazed. (via Elana’s Pantry)
13. Hash Brown Egg Nests With Avocado: One of the most hearty breakfasts is bacon, eggs and hash browns, but who has time to cook all that in the morning? Swap the typical carb-filled muffins for this healthier and heartier option instead. (via The Cooking Jar)
14. Candied Bacon and Egg Strata: If you’re feeding a house full of guests this season, you’ll want to make this breakfast strata. Prep everything the night before and pop into the oven that morning so you can enjoy your coffee while breakfast bakes. (via What Should I Make For…)
15. Slow Cooker Quinoa Energy Bars: Almond butter, maple syrup and quinoa all get mixed into your slow cooker to give you a sweet and filling breakfast to wake up to in the morning. (via Food Faith Fitness)
16. Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Freezer Waffles: Yes, you can have waffles for breakfast without turning on the waffle iron that morning! Spend a lazy Saturday prepping way-better-than-Eggo waffles to enjoy all winter long. (via Baking a Moment)
17. Make-Ahead Ham and Cheese Casserole: If you’re getting ready to feed a crowd, prep this casserole the night before and pop it in the oven an hour or so before you’re ready for breakfast. (via The Kitchn)
18. Breakfast Pizza Casserole: Cold leftover pizza for breakfast is so #collegelife. A package of crescent rolls, sausage, egg, cheese and milk are all you need for this recipe that’s about to become an easy staple in your diet. (via Bran Appetit)
19. Mixed Mushroom Egg Bakes: A fancy egg dish no longer has to be relegated to only a weekend breakfast — make a batch of these on Sunday and reheat all week long for a simple breakfast. (via The Kitchn)
20. Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwich: Who needs a cruffin when you can have a croissant breakfast sandwich? This sandwich will keep you full while you have a marathon gift-wrapping session. (via Jamie Cooks It Up)
What is your go-to morning meal during these cold months? Tweet us your favorite make-ahead breakfasts for winter @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)