13 Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes to Make Right Now (+ Eat All Week)
Start your morning off right by eating a delicious breakfast, and you’ll set the tone for the rest of your day. No matter what the excuse — traffic, time, energy, etc. — skipping breakfast should never be an option, especially when there are so many terrific make-ahead breakfast recipes to choose from. Keep scrolling for 13 bangin’ make-ahead breakfast options that are all so good that you’ll actually look forward to getting out of bed in the morning.
1. Glazed Lemon Monkey Bread: This is a great recipe for any morning because you can prepare the dough the night before and let it rise in the refrigerator. This way all you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven while you get ready for work. Drizzle the monkey bread with lemon glaze as soon it’s done baking, then dig in. (via The Recipe Rebel)
2. Greek Yogurt Granola Bars: Your morning routine just got a whole lot tastier! These granola bars are filled with oats, coconut, almonds, chia seeds and blueberries and covered with a thick Greek yogurt coating. Let the bars dry out on the counter overnight, then store in an air-tight container. Make a big batch on Sunday evening and have breakfast ready for the entire week. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Cherry Coffee Cake Muffins: These moist coffee cake muffins are loaded with bursts of tart cherries and will set high culinary expectations for the remainder of the day. Wrap each muffin in Saran wrap and grab one on your way out the door each morning. (via Chocolate and Carrots)
4. White Chocolate Cranberry Sweet Rolls: Prepare the cranberry-filled cinnamon roll dough, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in the fridge while you get your beauty sleep. When you wake up just pop the pan in the oven, and thirty minutes later you’ll get to have a breakfast so good you’ll think someone tricked you and gave you dessert instead. Although, come to think of it, these would be delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream… (via The Recipe Rebel)
5. Tater Tot Breakfast Bake: Feed a hungry crowd with this hearty casserole. The recipe calls for breakfast sausage and crispy bacon, but it can easily be customized based on your cravings (and what produce is hanging out in your fridge). Try spinach, mushrooms and onions for a meatless version that’ll satisfy all your guests with one dish. (via Chew Out Loud)
6. Peanut Butter Granola: The ultimate make-ahead breakfast, granola is the most versatile ingredient around. Make a huge batch of this peanut butter granola on Sunday and pre-package it so you’ll have every excuse to actually eat breakfast next week. (via Tried and Tasty)
7. Belgian Ale Breakfast Loaf: Probably the only way it’s acceptable to have beer for breakfast, this pull-apart loaf has wheat beer right in the batter. Enjoy a lazy morning by putting the loaf together after dinner the night before, and let it rise in the fridge for the next 12 hours. Stick it in the oven when you make your coffee in the morning, and try to distract yourself for the next 30 minutes while it’s baking. (via The Beeroness)
8. Breakfast Burritos: Get up and start the day with a protein-rich and totally tasty breakfast burrito. It may sound too good to be true, but believe it, sister. Carve out a half hour on Sunday afternoon to scramble a huge pan of eggs and divide evenly among five tortillas. Top each one with cheese, diced tomatoes and any other toppings you like (hot sauce!) before wrapping in parchment or tinfoil, and store in a gallon-sized ziplock in the refrigerator. Then when you wake up, just microwave and enjoy. (via Laura Fuentes)
9. Apple Cinnamon French Toast: If you have guests staying over for the weekend, the last thing you want to do in the morning is jump in the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. Before they arrive, dip thick slices of French toast in egg, coat with cinnamon sugar and place on a greased baking dish. Add chopped apples to the egg-soaked bread, and cover the whole pan in plastic wrap before chilling overnight. About an hour before you’re ready to eat, stick the cold pan in the oven and bake until golden brown. (via The Busy Baker)
10. Fruit on the Bottom Parfait: A fresh fruit parfait is the perfect quick + healthy breakfast, but grabbing one at your local coffee shop every morning can get pricey. Save yourself some dough by making them yourself instead. Divide the fruit sauce and yogurt evenly between mini mason jars and top with raspberries and almonds. (via Culinary Ginger)
11. Pumpkin Breakfast Cookie: Cookies for breakfast? Yes, it’s true. These breakfast cookies are loaded with ingredients designed to keep you full and give you ample amounts of energy, like oats, pumpkin puree, ground flax and cranberries. Store the cookies in an air-tight container, and you’ll be set for several days. (via Leelalicious)
12. Mini Frittata Muffins: Do yourself a favor and bake a double batch of these fritatta mini muffins to freeze for up to a month. That’s one month of added relaxation in the morning and one month of not skipping breakfast. Sounds like a win-win. (via Oh Sweet Day)
13. Apple Fritter French Toast Casserole: Spending a few extra minutes in the kitchen before you go to bed will save you over an hour in the morning. Prepare and chill overnight, then bake while you have a cup of Joe and take a shower. Soon you’ll be filling your belly with warm cinnamon French toast covered in a thick glaze. (via I Heart Eating)
Let us know which recipe is your favorite by tweeting us @britandco.