11 Game-Changing Ways to Elevate Your Jeans for a Holiday Party
Sure, the holiday party circuit seems like all fun and games now — fast-forward to Christmas Eve, and you’ll be tired AF of getting all gussied up. While most of us are quick to reach for a party-approved midi dress or a come-hither jumpsuit at the mere mention of a holiday bash, for whatever reason, jeans rarely seem to make the final cut. But why is that? Teamed with an after hours-approved top, a metallic bodysuit or even a blinged-out blazer, denim is just as comparable of a going-out option as any. When you find yourself too dang tired for a post-work/pre-fundraiser dinner wardrobe swap, don’t hesitate to dial it down with these 11 foolproof, party-ready pairings involving your favorite pair of jeans (whether they’re ripped, embroidered with patches or accented with a fringe hem). AKA, Christmas came early for all you self-proclaimed lazy girls.
How to Style White Jeans
1. J.Crew Cable Pom-Pom Sweater in Merino Wool ($98) + Frame Le Skinny de Jeanne Mid-Rise Jeans ($185): ‘Tis the season to embrace your winter whites in the form of your go-to ivory skinny jeans. Between a low-key Secret Santa gift exchange-turned-brunch with your best gal pals and your fam’s annual Christmas Eve gathering (complete with a hot chocolate bar), this casual-cool pairing will fit the bill just fine. Complement your festive holiday red pom-pom sweater with some sparkly shiny ponies and a camel coat for a timeless look that says fa-la-la.
How to Style Gray Distressed Jeans
2. Topshop Metallic Body ($40) + Scotch & Soda Haut Smoke Peak High Rise Skinny Fit ($165): Alternative much? Admittedly, if it weren’t for the neck-plunging green metallic bodysuit, this #OOTD wouldn’t exactly scream feliz navidad. This babe-approved getup is perf for a holiday bar crawl in which you know you’ll be staying out until the wee hours of the morning. Not only will the dark gray distressed jeans make getting around in single-digit temps that much more bearable, but striking a move on the dance floor will be easy said and done. Add a plush red Santa hat, a tough-girl bomber and towering platforms for maximum impact.
How to Style High-Rise Jeans
3. Scotch & Soda Sequined Sweater ($195) + Citizens of Humanity Chrissy Hotline ($218): You had us at high-rise skinny jeans. Sue us, but comfort ranks high on our list when it comes to epic GNOs and post-work get-togethers. As a rule of thumb: Tapered skinny jeans always take on a more streamlined and sophisticated appearance. Throw in a next-level striped sequin sweater, some velvet ankle strap steppers and a punk-inspired ear cuff for a look that works its magic around the clock. We don’t hate it.
How to Style Vintage Wash Jeans
4. Rebecca Minkoff Mini Sofia Crossbody ($195) + Madewell The Perfect Vintage Jean in Chet Wash Distressed Edition ($135): Found it. We’ve uncovered the *perfect* pair of vintage distressed jeans courtesy of our friends at Madewell. What can we say: We’re just as smitten with the light indigo wash as the ‘90s high-rise style that reads model-off-duty at its best. For a low-key house party with friends, proceed to channel a trying, but not trying too hard vibe a la a slew of high-shine accessories, starting with this trend-right metallic camera bag (those poms!). Throw in a borrowed-from-the-boys blazer, a white v-neck tee and some glittery loafers for a low-maintenance look that slays.
How to Style Black Wide-Leg Crop Jeans
5. M.Gemi The Neve ($478) + Madewell Wide-Leg Crop Jeans in True Black Drop-Hem Edition ($128): Boardroom-approved getup? Right this way. These black cropped culottes are guaranteed to work their magic this season, especially when it comes to your hectic five-to-nine sched. Be it a networking happy hour, your office’s annual holiday party or a mid-week date night with your boo, we can’t think of a more classy pairing to usher in the madness. For an element of drama and a side of sass, look to these playful burgundy ankle booties from M.Gemi for no shortage of après–ski feels to go around. Count us in, please.
How to Style Moto Fringe Hem Jeans
6. Topshop Frill High Neck Satin Blouse ($60) + Topshop Moto Fringe Straight Leg Jeans ($90): Party on with this ceaselessly chic pairing that’s perfect for babes who defy traditional holiday dressing. Speaking of which, don’t hesitate to ditch the frilly bows and shimmery sequins STAT for some fringe-hem jeans that would best be reserved for a rock concert. It’s this deep wine-hued blouse, featuring a conservative high-neck and flared sleeves, that exudes modern-day romance and elegance. Pair alongside some It girl-approved backless mules and chandelier earrings for a cocktail party-ready look with RN appeal.
How to Style Extreme Skinny Jeans
7. BaubleBar Metallic Crispin Drops-Gold ($52) + Mango Soho Skinny Jeans ($60): Sorry, not sorry, but when you feel like a total HBIC in your favorite skinny jeans, an itty-bitty bodycon dress simply doesn’t stand a chance. Elevate these streamlined skinnies with a sheer blouse, d’Orsay pumps (for legs that go on for days) and a set of statement earrings for a show-stopping look. Your inner hostess with the mostest will make a beeline for these DDG gold drop earrings that look even more exquisite in person.
How to Style Black Skinnies
8. Wilfred Free Vivienne Dress ($80) + Madewell High-Rise Skinny Jeans ($125): When in doubt, refined black skinny jeans will never steer you wrong. Find the right pair that fits and flatters you in all the right places, and you’ll be golden for a lineup of holiday shindigs and hostessing gigs. Thanks to a little somethin’ somethin’ known as treacherous winter weather, your days of venturing out into the cold wearing a slinky little slip are limited. But wait just a second… why not forgo the whole “freezing your butt off” part altogether by layering this metallic camisole dress over your black jeans for the ultimate style hack? Bundle up in a sporty bomber jacket and toss on some lace-up ghillies for instant cool-girl edge.
How to Style Distressed Boyfriend Jeans
9. J.Crew Sophia Pumps in Patent Leather ($218) + Sincerely Jules The Echo Boyfriend Jeans ($125): When casual meets sophisticated, the result is WAY chic. Downtown girls with uptown sensibilities will flock to these distressed boyfriend jeans that give off a DGAF ‘tude. Not to be worn for family functions in which you know your grammy will be present (we can already sense her disapproval as she scoffs at the holes in your jeans), their rugged appeal can be downplayed with a crisp white button-down, simple pearl studs and a pair of these shiny red ballerinas that will put you in a holidaze. Can you say unofficial uniform for the entire month of December?
How to Style Patchwork Jeans
10. Topshop Hairy Slouchy Coat ($240) + Mango Relaxed Cropped Check Jeans ($80): What to wear when it’s cold AF and your bestie is expecting you at her annual tacky sweater party? Easy-peasy. Let your statement-making outerwear do ALL the talking as you plow through layers of slush and packed snow. Practically out of an Edward Hopper painting, with its old-Hollywood glamour appeal and all, this retro textured emerald green topper will make your old patchwork jeans look like a million bucks. For a vibe that reads neighborhood hipster, proceed to toss on an ugly holiday sweater, a slouchy beanie and all-weather duck boots.
How to Style Red Skinny Jeans
11. Scotch & Soda Gold Lurex Tuxedo Blazer ($195) + Mango Skinny Paty Jeans ($40): Rudolph, is that you? For your “something red,” we would expect nothing less than these red skinny jeans that are guaranteed to elicit the ho-ho-hos from random passersby. To ensure you party right, DO opt for this dapper gold tuxedo blazer that calls for a silk cami, power pumps and a fierce red lip. You have our permission to re-wear it as you ring in the New Year.
What’s your go-to way to elevate your jeans for the holidays? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall styling tips!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.