24 Ways to Bring Holiday Cheer to Your Boring Cubicle
It’s really difficult to focus at work during the holiday season. There are just SO many things on everyone’s minds, from all that shopping to cross country travels to endless meals and dinner parties galore. Well, if you can’t beat ’em, JOIN ’em — or at least decorate for ’em. Bring a little of all that cheer to your 9-to-5; snag a tree for your desk, string some garland or lights (or both) from the walls or just pour your cuppa joe into the merriest mug you can find. Here’s how to make a winter wonderland of your workspace for the holidays.
1. Tabletop Tree ($50): Create a forest on your desktop with 10 easy-to-assemble colorful trees.
2. Cheery Coffee Mug ($18): Mix some gingerbread creamer with a fresh cup of coffee in this mug and you’ll be filled with cheer Monday through Friday.
4. Ornaments ($14 each, $60 for five): These wooden orbs would look fab on the office tree or tacked to your cubicle wall.
5. Festive Flasks ($18-$24): Get some chuckles (hopefully) when you whip these cozy flasks out during a late night meeting. Obviously a must for the office holiday party (and fully stocked in your desk drawer at all times).
6. String Lights ($18): Beat the fluorescents and string these beauties throughout the entire office or just above your workspace.
8. Holiday Candle ($26): Make your desk space smell like a wonderland for the rest of the year with these wintery scents.
9. Chalkboard Christmas Tree ($45): No one volunteering to take the lead on watering the office Christmas tree? No worries, just grab a pack of chalk and get to decorating the chalkboard fabric. Bonus perk: It’s easy to move and hang, so everyone can claim ownership of it for one day.
11. Holiday Mug Kit ($30): Create a personalized holiday mug for your morning caffeine with this kit and then treat yourself by topping it with a gingerbread house.
12. DIY Confetti Glasses: Is your office having a New Year’s party? These DIY gold confetti glasses would be perfect to drink your cocktail from as the ball drops. Make ’em ready for another holiday with blue, green or red confetti dots instead. (via A Thoughtful Place)
14. Small Ornament Tree ($35): Go for a more elegant holiday desktop aesthetic with this small metal tree with 10 hooks to hang various ornaments (or Post-Its?!) from.
15. Tea Infusers ($14): Make your tea extra merry this holiday season. Peppermint and evergreen aromas not included.
16. Glitter Christmas Tree Shades ($8): Gear up for the holiday party (or lunch) and have everyone rockin’ around the Christmas tree (that would be you) with these glittery LED specs.
17. Cork Menorah ($60): Upgrade your old menorah and your bulletin board with this cork holder and get ready to light it up for eight nights (hopefully none of which have you stuck burning the midnight oil at work).
18. Christmas Tassel Garland ($35): Hang these from wall to wall or desk to desk to kick the festive feels into high gear.
19. Peppermint Plates ($3): Toss pens, Post-Its, candy or even your lunch on these playful plates. Collect ’em all for a comedic scene.
20. Holiday Beverage Insulator ($10 each, $20 for two): Make your water bottle extra festive with these chill insulators.
21. Tree Pins ($7): Throw the paper clips in the drawer for the season and whip out these adorable tree pins for paperwork.
22. Christmas Photo Prop Pack ($22): Prep for the inevitable party photobooth (or have a North Pole-themed mid-day photo shoot) with this holiday pack. Tack to your cubicle walls to jingle your cubemate’s bells when that 4PM slump rolls around.
23. Christmas Tapestree ($59): This fab graphic is another perfect option for the holiday party photobooth backdrop.
24. Tree Swizzle Sticks ($10): Okay, so you might not be mixing up a batch of your artisanal cocktails at work, but slip a few of these in your pencil cup to up the holiday cheer factor.
How are you planning on decking the office halls (or just your desk) this holiday season? Let us know in the comments!