How to DIY a Vibrant Side Table for Summer
Terrazzo is the latest decor trend taking over our feeds. With its lively, confetti-style pattern, it’s pretty much the *perfect* print to cover your patio with for summer. So we’re here with an easy DIY that will introduce the throwback ’70s style to your favorite area just in time for all the al fresco dining and margarita sipping ahead. Scroll down to see how to get going on this delightful indoor or outdoor accessory.
- IKEA GLADOM Tray Table ($20)
- X-Acto knife
- 3 colors of spray paint
- cutting mat
- stencil vinyl
- painter’s tape
- terrazzo printable pattern (large pattern/small pattern)
1. Tape and spray-paint the legs of your table.
2. While the legs are drying, print the terrazzo pattern and place it over the vinyl. Cut out the shapes. Note: We freestyle cut some larger organic patterns to cover the table’s imperfections.
3. Adhere the vinyl to different sections on top of the table, letting each section dry before layering on another color. Repeat until you have a pattern you like. Pro tip: We used paint remover to remove excess spray-paint splatter.
4. Enjoy your new creation over a delicious warm-weather snack or libation!
What projects are you DIYing for summer? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)