14 Stylish Ways to Simplify Your Morning Commute
Waking up is hard to do, but when you have an hour-long trek across the city ahead of you, the thought of removing yourself from the pillow nest you’ve made seems unspeakably cruel. If all the positive thinking, breathing exercises and inspo from Instagrams of people’s morning routines that make toast look elegant isn’t enough to get you going, we say challenge accepted. These items from the B+C Shop will simplify and style your morning commute so much, you might actually look forward to it!
1. Minnie + George Three in One Drawstring Leather Bag ($265): Talk about a cinch! This leather bag comes in SIX (count ‘em!) colors and can be worn as a shoulder bag, a backpack or even a cross body! It features a built-in pocket, so you can keep the essentials within easy reach.
2. Avenue Dee Peach Pit Duffel Bag ($59): With this in hand, you’re so prepared for your after-work gym sesh.
3. Boom Movement Wrap Headphones ($18): You’re pumped about the latest episode of Serial when you get on the bus and realize your headphones are back at home. Forget that! These headphones snap onto your keychain, which is perfect for the scatterbrain in all of us.
4. Future Glory Moto Tote ($195): This is the perfect carry-all for your laptop, and with its moto-inspired look, it’s got just the edge you need to complete your “woman on a mission” vibe.
5. BSnug Wrap – 3D Printed ($25): If you’ve ever gotten your headphone cord snagged on a door handle (surely it’s not just us), you’ll appreciate this. Even if you haven’t, you’ll appreciate not having to untangle your headphones every time you pull them out of your bag.
6. BSpun Jack Wrap – 3D Printed ($25): Seriously, the struggle is real. You take your eye off your cords, chargers and cables for TWO MINUTES and you’ve created a knot they don’t even teach you in Scouts. Not so when you wrap your ‘phones around this innovative contraption.
7. Denik Y’all Gonna Notebook ($12): Next time you’re hit with a great idea on the subway, you’re gonna want to have this notebook around for note taking. At just over eight inches tall, it’s just the right size for your bag.
9. Half United Black + White Zipper Pouch ($34): You hit snooze one time too many and found yourself doing makeup on the way to work? No judgment. This pouch is great for in-transit makeovers (but only if you’re not driving!).
10. Ban.do Back Me Up Mobile Charger ($30): Don’t worry about running out of juice ever again! This compact charger has your back.
11. BSteady Car Mount ($39): If you’re scooting around town in your car, your GPS and music can be in plain sight with this car mount. The design fits just about any phone and any car.
13. P3 Round Mirror Sunglasses ($10): Smiles just come naturally wearing these shades.
14. Intro to Latch Hook Online Class + Kit ($41): Weaving is the trending new skill and makes a great lap-sized project for the train/subway/bus. Instead of letting that time go to waste, you could have a new woven wall hanging by the end of this week!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)