These 7 Bloggers Know the Secret to Rocking a Skirt During the Winter
Skirts take the back burner to pants once winter rolls around, because let’s be real — bare legs aren’t exactly going to fly in the face of freezing temperatures. Fleece-lined and thermatech tights are changing all that, making showing off those gams year round a little less intimidating. But there’s more to the equation than that. Color pairings, A+ add-ons and cozy knits — you name it — are the elements that truly give an outfit a winter-appropriate edge while adding to a getup’s overall appeal. If you’re up for the challenge of ushering your go-to midi skirt into the new season, let these #OOTDs be your guide.
1. @zanitazanita: Old school and new school combine in this skirt and sweater pairing. A bright shade of fuchsia pops against a classic navy circle skirt, and multi-colored ankle boots only heighten the effect. It’s a color combo you should totally work into your repertoire this season. (via @zanitazanita)
2. @karenbritchick: Oversized silhouettes, a comfy cable knit and shimmery socks strike the ultimate balance between cozy and chic. Rock this look when you’re channeling some major “I just can’t even” vibes, but still want to nail it in the style department. (via @karenbritchick)
3. @twoshoesonepair: Shake up that striped skirt by pairing it up with a pretty patterned top. Experiment with a range of funky prints to keep things feeling fresh — just be sure to stick with complementary color palettes to maintain a cohesive look. (via @twoshoesonepair)
4. @jaimetoutcheztoi: Play with texture by topping off a bold graphic skirt with a soft, oversized turtleneck sweater. To underline the contrast, choose pointy-toed shoes paired up with slouchy ankle socks. (via @jaimetoutcheztoi)
5. @sorayabakhtiar: For the office, think clean lines and sleek silhouettes. Skip the expected collared shirt and opt for a boxy or architectural top or go flowy and free-wheelin’ to balance out the bottom’s streamlined appeal. Combine a few cool, dark hues and silvery accents to deliver a punch of drama to the ensemble. (via @sorayabakhtiar)
6. @itsnotheritsme: Bust out the plaid to truly get into the festive wintry spirit. Style it with a furry stole and next-level ankle boots for a regal snow queen flair. An off-the-shoulder sweater will add a flirty note to the ensemble, while a cable knit number will inject a note of folksy, woodland charm. (via @itsnotheritsme)
7. @valentinasiragusa: If you’re under the impression that skirts and dresses feel too formal for off-duty hours, this getup proves you’ve been missing out. When paired with casual separates (like a longline sweat) and with fuss-free kicks it makes for the perfect lazy day look — effortless and presentable all at once. (via @valentinasiragusa)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.