How to Make a DIY Ice Cream Bar
Ice cream bars — they’re the new scotch bars at weddings. And lest you be left in the darkness, we’re here to enlighten you with the brrrr bar basics, then give you some eye-candy on overall looks you’re going to want to steal. Ready for it? Let’s raise the ice cream bar.
1. Cotton Candy Colored: Mason jars — there is nothing they can’t do. Pair them with another old standby — chalkboard paint — and you’ve got the perfect vessel for your cornucopia of toppings. (via Style Me Pretty)
3. Ice Cream Truck With Cups ($14): Put these little guys on your table and your party just got infinitely cuter.
4. Color Block Wooden Spoons ($10): Adorable wooden spoons with a little splash of color? Check.
5. Ice Cream Social: This blogger goes through ever single element that you need to throw an organized and epic ice cream social. Your shopping list should include waffle cones, assorted toppings, a scoop and bunting. (via Cooking Channel)
6. Vintage Ice Cream Parlor Engagement Party: There are so many things to love about this party, from customized monogram cone papers and ice-cream-cone-shaped cookies to vintage syrup pourers and pretty photos ops. (via Hostess with The Mostess)
7. Mint + Gold Shoot: Work of-the-moment colors into your par-tay, complete with gilded signage. Carry the hues through all the details, right down to a gold scoop, serving mint chip ice cream. (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Rustic Country Wedding: Ice cream can be a messy affair, and if you don’t want a potential clean-up disaster on your hands, it’s a good idea to either hire ice-cream bartenders or enlist your friends or family members to be in charge of the scooping. (via The Natural Wedding Company)
9. Ready to Roll: Don’t want to bother your friends with being in charge of slinging the sugar? The next best option is putting single servings in ready-to-go jars that your guests can just grab from a bucket of ice, pop open, add toppings and get licking. (via Style Me Pretty)
10. Vintage Outdoor Affair: If you’ve always been the go-big-or-go-home type, you’re going to want to custom make your ice cream both. It will probably end up doubling as a selfie backdrop. (via Wedding Chicks)
11. Make Your Own Sundaes Buffet: This might be the prettiest and girliest ice cream bar we’ve ever seen. Your partner might not be into going full fledged pretty in pink, but we can see this working for a bridal shower or a baby shower. (via Eat Drink Chic)
Fan of the ice cream bar? Let us know when you’ll be doing your own in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)