Food Hack! How to Turn Ice Cream into Bread
Yep, you read that right. We’ve been seeing this bread all over the Internet and decided we had to make our own. If you’re looking for a quick-and-easy dessert, try this hack. Simply combine melted ice cream, self-rising flour, sugar, and bake. It works, we promise. Feel free to mix things up with your favorite flavors and add-ins (candy bars, sprinkles, chocolate chips) – the possibilities really are endless with this scrumptious hack.
First things first, take those tubs of ice cream out of your freezer and let ’em melt!
1. Cookies & Cream Cupcakes: You can’t go wrong with Oreos and ice cream. These cupcakes are the ultimate cookies ‘n cream treat.
Ingredients for cupcakes + frosting:
<br/>– 2 ¼ cups self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 2 ¼ cups cookies and cream ice cream, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 12-ounce tubs cream cheese frosting
- 16 Oreo cookies, chopped
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then mix the ice cream, flour and sugar until just combined. Scoop the batter into cupcake tins and bake for 16-18 minutes.
Now it’s time to whip up some crazy delicious cookies and cream frosting! Chop up your Oreos and add them to the cream cheese frosting. Generously frost each cupcake and add an Oreo to top it off.
How good do those look? Serve one up with a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream to make this dessert even sweeter.
– 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
– 1 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
– 1 cup strawberry ice cream, softened
– 6 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate ice cream, ¾ cup self-rising flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla ice cream, ¾ cup self-rising flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix together the strawberry ice cream, ¾ cup self-rising flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
4. Pour chocolate batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan. Next, layer the vanilla batter into the pan. Finally, pour the strawberry batter on top. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together ¾ cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and the chocolate ice cream in one bowl. Repeat with the vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream. Layer the batters into a 9×5 loaf pan – chocolate on the bottom, vanilla in the middle, and strawberry on top. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
Check out those layers. We promise this one tastes as good as it looks.
<br/>– 3 cups self-rising flour
– 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
– 3 bananas, diced
– ½ cup sugar
Ingredients for chocolate sauce:
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– 1 cup heavy cream
– Maraschino cherries
– Whipped cream
– Chocolate sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and softened ice cream. Fold in diced bananas.
2. Pour batter into a greased 9×2 round cake pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool.
3. While the cake is baking, prepare the chocolate sauce: Heat the whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the chocolate chips. Stir until combined and all of the chocolate chips are melted. Let cool.
4. Pour the chocolate sauce over the cooled cake. Top with whipped cream, Maraschino cherries and sprinkles.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the ice cream, flour and sugar until just combined. Chop your bananas and fold them into the batter. Pour into a 9×2 round cake pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
Now let’s get the toppings ready. Heat 1 cup of whipping cream on the stove over medium heat, add 1 cup chocolate chips, and stir until all of the chips are melted. Let cool. Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake. Finish it off with whipped cream, Maraschino cherries, and sprinkles.
This banana split cake might be better than the ice cream version. Top it off with more old-school sundae toppings like caramel or strawberry sauce, shredded coconut, and chopped nuts to take this to the next level.
Will you try baking any of these? Which one is your favorite? Talk to us in the comments below!