15 Boozy Iced Tea Cocktail Recipes to Quench Your Summer Thirst
Summer has officially arrived, and we’re already expecting some scorchin’ temps. To beat the heat this weekend, we’re planning nothing more ambitious than to break out the spiked sweet tea and kick back on the porch swing with a good book. Any iced tea recipe can become something special when you throw in some fruits of summer: peaches, berries, oranges, lemons or limes. Some muddled herb like basil or mint will also add a nice flavor. Then just add a glug of booze to the pitcher for a thirst-quenching iced tea cocktail. Whether you favor green tea, black tea or a flower-infused blend like Earl Grey, there’s a liquor to go with every single one. Scroll on for 15 booze-infused iced tea cocktails that are sure to hit the spot.
2. Sweet Tea Vodka Lemonade Mojitos: The combination of sweet tea and tart lemonade mixed with muddled fresh lemon juice and fresh mint is craaaaazy good. You barely taste the vodka, but you’ll definitely feel the zing. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
3. Spiked Ginger Iced Tea: This iced tea cocktail calls for pantry staples you probably have on hand. Orange Pekoe tea, honey, vodka and ginger ale combine to make a perfect summer cooler. (via Home to Heather)
4. Boozy Blackberry Lemon Iced Tea: This rum-infused tea looks so sophisticated, but it’s super easy to pull off. Muddle the blackberries and mint in simple syrup, add rum and tea and shake until stirred. (via Paper & Stitch)
5. Spiked Pomegranate Arnold Palmer: Take a classic Arnold Palmer of one part iced tea and one part lemonade, and then add a touch of pomegranate-infused vodka and imported tequila. It’s refreshingly sweet and tart, and the ruby red color looks like a celebration in a glass. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
6. Spiked Pomegranate Iced Tea: Imagine yourself sitting under a cool summer night’s sky with small strings of twinkling lights above you. In your hand is a humble mason jar, sweating with ice and filled with this luscious concoction of sun tea spiked with pomegranate liqueur and vodka. It’s summer in a glass. (via A Cedar Spoon)
7. Georgia Spiced Tea: This one’s perfect for that bumper crop of peaches you’ll be hoarding. When the syrupy sweetness of fresh bruised peach is hit with a jolt of Wild Turkey, deliciousness ensues. (via Almond to Zest)
8. Spiked Blood Orange Tea: This make-ahead tea can be chilling in the fridge until guests arrive. Pour out spiked tea into individual glasses and garnish with blood orange slices and a sprig of thyme. (via The Hungry Australian)
9. Porch Bourbon Punch: Porch punch is the classic iced tea cocktail recipe. This version starts with scratch-made simple syrup, orange flower water and orange bitters. It’s the real deal for the staunch bourbon drinker. (via Imbibe Magazine)
10. Agave Green Tea Mojitos: Agave tames the green tea tannins in this refreshing drink. Mix in mojito classics like mint, lime and rum, and top it off with sparkling water for a refreshing cooler. (via It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken)
11. Southern Spiked Peach Iced Tea: This tall, refreshing tea could not be simpler. Add equal parts peach tea and lemonade, a spike of vodka and some fresh fruit garnish, and you’re good to go. (via Real Housemoms)
12. Tipsy Lemonade and Peach Iced Tea: This tea is just brimming with fresh peaches and lemons. It’s like an Arnold Palmer, but with a bit of sass. One sip will make you feel like you’re kicking back on the porch, even when you’re not. (via The Comfort of Cooking)
13. Spiked Raspberry Sweet Tea: Nothing’s more refreshing or satisfying than good old fashioned sweet tea. Except, maybe, the spiked raspberry kind :) This just screams summer! (via The Cookie Rookie)
14. Earl Grey Infused Gin Cocktail: Infusing spirits yourself is a great way to create your own signature cocktail. Pro tip: Jumpstart your iced tea cooler with Earl Grey tea to provide remarkably full flavors in just a few hours. (via The Framed Table)
Are you swooning over these boozy iced tea cocktails? There’s more where that came from. Follow us on Pinterest.