How to Wear the 4 Biggest Trends from the iHeartRadio Awards
There were many moments that made the second annual iHeartRadio Awards memorable last night, from Rihanna’s badass performance of her brand-new single “B*itch Better Have My Money” (three words: helicopter on stage), to a surprise Madonna and Taylor Swift collab, to Justin Timberlake’s aww-inducing tribute to Jessica Biel and their soon-to-be bundle during his acceptance speech for the prestigious Innovator Award. And of course, the fashion killed too. Between the straight-from-the-runway creations reworked as after party-perfect garb to the debut of spring’s biggest batch of statement-making silhouettes, there was no shortage of pop star-worthy looks on the red carpet. But, the best trends aren’t just reserved for award winners. Below, we’re showing you how to wear the four biggest trends spotted on the iHeartRadio red carpet IRL. Scroll down to see how to look like Taylor Swift on your next date night, or how to turn Iggy Azalea’s statement jacket into an office-to-happy hour staple.
Hailee Steinfeld and Anna Camp show that one made-for-spring color just won’t cut it this season. While an all-neon number is made for nights out, you’ll get the most wear out of dresses that mix bright hues with neutrals, but any pattern — from geometric color blocks to pleated stripes —is fair game. (Photos via Frazer Harrison, Jason Merritt/Getty)
1. ASOS Plain Colour Block Mesh Panel Maxi Dress ($135): We dare you to not twirl in this maxi. Ribbons of color make this number a total head turner.
2. Target 3Hearts Colorblock Shift Dress ($25): We love that there’s not too much color going on on this breezy shift — all the better to showcase a pair of statement pumps.
3. Cally Coolor-Blocked Tunic Dress ($248): The neon cuffs make this long-sleeved tunic dress feel fun and flirty even with the extra coverage. Work-to-date-worthy? We think so!
Bandeau Bra Cutouts
Spring’s sexiest silhouette is also surprisingly one of its most wearable (bye bye fashion tape!). Taylor Swift’s take on the bandeau dress shows just how elegant side and shoulder cutouts can be, while Zendaya’s colorful version takes it in a more playful direction. DIY the latter for spring break with a thick bandeau ($4) or strapless bathing suit top and a muscle tee-cut top. (Photos via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. Nasty Gal Side Step Crop Top ($48): Paired with a high waisted skirt, the cut of this crop top flaunts your shoulders more than your stomach.
5. Missguided Fay Cutout V Neck Bodycon Dress ($50): Prep meets party in this jumper-dress hybrid that turns plunging necklines (and sides!) into unfussy details.
6. Topshop Sheer Striped Skater Dress ($70): Sheer panels help give the illusion of the bandeau style in a more familiar fit-and-flare silhouette. Add to the sweet look with a peachy lip and a thin cat eye.
Menswear-inspired styles are still having a major fashion moment as Gina Rodriguez and Iggy Azalea show off with their tuxedo-style looks that are still so totally femme-feeling. To hit that mark, look for pieces that borrow details like a crisp collar and luxe looking fabrics. Since it’s all about flawless tailoring, take a little more time making sure they fit. (Photos via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Bardot Tuxedo Playsuit ($86): Suiting up has never been easier than with this toss-on-and-go tuxedo romper. Amp up the formal vibe with an updo, or keep it playful with beachy waves.
8. Topshop Sleeveless Vest ($85): A long-line vest can pull together any outfit, even a t-shirt and jeans, into an office-worthy look that’s anything but stuffy.
9. boohooPlus Nadia Tuxedo Dress ($44): Notched lapels bring the business, while an asymmetric hem brings the party on this #Girlboss-approved LBD.
Brittany Snow and Ariel Winter aren’t tempted by spring’s prettiest shades, at least not when it comes to style. A crisp white dress can make you look put together in an instant, then work in your fave seasonal shades through your makeup or even your hair. (Photos via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
10. Topshop Triangle Neck Bodycon Dress ($52): Simple ’90s-style straps turn this LWD into a versatile piece you can dress up with heels or down with Docs.
11. Forever 21 Cutout A-Line Dress ($33): Collar cutouts elevate this flirty LWD into a standout piece all on it’s own — no accessories required.
12. Bailey44 Sahara Dune Dress ($187): This LWD proves that simple can sometimes be the most elegant — this fitted jersey number might be the chicest way to show off your curves.
What red carpet style trends have caught your eye? Tell us which celeb is your spring style muse in the comments below.
(Featured image via Frazer Harrison)