How to Make an Easy Insta-Worthy Layer Smoothie
Summer has finally arrived! Oh how I missed you so, what with your hot days, breezy summer nights and yummy fruits in season. It’s time to load up on those antioxidants and soak up all the vitamins and nutrients our beloved summer fruits have to offer. So here is a smoothie recipe that features three fruits, spinach for an added health kick and chia pudding for a protein punch. This vegan, gluten-free recipe will leave you full and satisfied. Plus it’s not too bad to look at and photograph ;) Get a sip of summer with this layered smoothie!
For bottom layer:
— 1 banana
— 2 heaping handfuls spinach
— 1 cup pineapple
— 1/4 cup almond milk
For chia pudding layer:*
— 1 cup almond milk
— 1/4 cup chia seeds
For top layer:
— 1 banana
— 1 cup strawberries
— handful ice
— raspberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, chia seeds
— fruit that can be sliced thinly for sides (strawberries and kiwis work great)
— mason jars or glasses
* Make this ahead of time by mixing almond milk and chia seeds and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
1. Start by preparing the chia seed pudding. Mix chia seeds and almond milk and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
2. Blend all ingredients for bottom layer.
3. Pour into jars, filling them about one-third of the way.
4. Slice strawberries and carefully stick them to the sides of the jar.
5. Gingerly add chia pudding on top of the green smoothie layer.
6. Rinse blender and blend all ingredients for top layer.
7. Pour on top of chia pudding layer.
8. Add desired toppings and enjoy.
Add banana, spinach, pineapple and almond milk to blender and mix until smooth.
Pour green smoothie layer in jars, then carefully place sliced fruit along sides of jar. Next, add chia pudding layer with care.
Rinse blender and add strawberries, banana and ice. Blend well.
Pour smoothie on top of the chia pudding layer.
Add toppings and enjoy!
Such a pretty way to consume your fruits and veggies!
Customize with any toppings you like to make a unique smoothie just for you!
What toppings would you add to this layered smoothie? Test it out and send us your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #iamcreative.