Let us guess. You’ve been juicing like a madwoman since 2014 hit. Props. But throwing all the fibrous pulp away every morning is making you feel less than earth-friendly. Our suggestion? Stop wasting it. Put it to work in these pulped up recipes!
1. Fruity Beet Balls: We admit, the name isn’t the most appetizing, but once you put those sweet sugar beets in ball form, you better beet-lief they taste good. (via Raw Karma)
2. Juice Pulp Fritters: Kale, carrot, and chard –– you’re going to mash it together and fry it up, and it’s going to taste good and be akin to a falafel. (via Glow Kitchen)
3. Dog Treats: You know who would love to get his paws on your juicy table scraps? Your dog. Follow this recipe and make Fido one happy and healthy hound dog. (via Rawmazing)
4. Carrot Waffles: If you weren’t juicing before, chances are, you’re suddenly really, really interested in it. Orange waffles will do that to a person. (via Fork and Beans)
5. Persimmon Cookies: This is something that we can say we’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing –– a persimmon cookie. Soon, we won’t be able to say that anymore. (via Fork and Beans)
6. Cantaloupe, Mint, + Pulp-cicles: They’re called freaking pulp-cicles. How can that not get you excited? (via Food Thinkers)
7. Carrot Pulp Cake with Maple-Orange Cream Cheese Frosting: We think the name says enough. It’s going to be good. It’s going to be real, real good. (via Always Order Dessert)
8. Carrot Apple Ginger Tea Cakes: Making carrot, apple, ginger juice? Then you’re going to make carrot-apple-ginger tea cakes. Put the kettle on, and get those pinks shooting skyward. (via Food Thinkers)
9. Orange Marmalade: We don’t usually put oranges through the juicer, but if that’s your jam, than you’ve got yourself a jar of zero-waste preserves. (via My Kitchen)
10. Baked Manicotti: Got a mean, homemade V8 recipe? Give the leftovers a higher calling. Someone was really using their noodle when they came up with this classic Italian hack made with tomato based pulp. (via Project Domestication)
11. Pineapple Carrot Cake Muffins: Fire up that oven to 350 degrees F and chug that pineapple juice. These muffins aren’t going to bake themselves. (via Running to the Kitchen)
12. Carrot Patties: If your salad beckons for something a little more exciting than julienned carrots, put a patty on it. (via Rawdemption)
Got pulp? Let us know what you’ll be doing with it in the comments below!