Curb Tot Cravings With This Cheesy, Keto-Friendly Recipe
Craving tater tots on the Keto diet? Turn to this cheesy recipe that replaces potato for cauliflower and breadcrumbs for almond meal. That way, you can get your fix and remain in Ketosis. Lots of people are giving this low-carb diet a go as it turns your body into a fat-burning machine and has many proven health benefits for weight loss and mental performance. I say, if you still get to eat cheesy tots, I'm in.
Cheesy 'keto' cauliflower tots
Adapted from Real Simple
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup parmesan, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the cauliflower rice, egg, onion, almond meal, parmesan, mozzarella, chives, and garlic powder. Season with a generous pinch of salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper, and stir it all up!
- Form the mixture into tots and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Space them evenly.
- This is optional, but I suggest adding a little extra parmesan cheese here. Just sprinkle a little on each tot.
- Off to bake! Leave them in for about 18-20 minutes. Flip them once after about 9 minutes, and continue baking until golden brown.
For more Keto recipe inspo, follow us on Pinterest.
(Photos via Ryan Shelley)