Aug 03, 2018
Keto-Friendly Ricotta Chicken Meatballs Recipe FTW
We never met a meatball we didn't like but if you're following a ketogenic diet, spaghetti and meatballs are usually off the table. Our keto-friendly version topped over zoodles keeps you on plan while savoring one of the old classics.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated high quality Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (preferably convection if you have it), and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir all of the ingredients except for the chicken together using a fork until well combined.
- Place ground chicken in a large mixing bowl, and stir in the ricotta mixture with a fork using large circular motions until well incorporated. (Mixture should seem slightly wet.)
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop balls onto the parchment-lined sheet pan. Try to space them out evenly. It's okay if they touch.
- Place in oven and roast for 25 minutes, turning pan halfway through.
- Remove meatballs from oven and serve immediately with the accoutrements of your choice.
Check out our list of low carb meals to get even more dinner ideas.
From Your Site Articles
- 14 Cozy Keto Soup Recipes to Warm Your Soul - Brit + Co ›
- 4 Keto-Friendly Cocktail Recipes That Are Low-Carb (and Delish ... ›
- You Shouldn't Be Eating Meat at Every Meal on Keto — Here's Why ... ›
- Ramen Gets a Keto-Friendly Makeover Thanks to This Star ... ›
- 12 Keto-Friendly Recipes to Sub Your Carbs Out With Cauliflower ... ›
- Everything You Can and Can't Eat on a Keto Diet - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Keto Dinner Recipes That Will Make Your Life *Way* Easier - Brit ... ›
- Curb Tot Cravings With This Cheesy, Keto-Friendly Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- Try This Keto-Friendly Steak Taco With Cheese Shell Recipe - Brit + ... ›
- Around The World in 20 Meatball Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- This Meal Plan Is Like an Enneagram for Your Diet - Brit + Co ›
- Keto Diet Foods: The Do's and Don'ts List - Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
Ashley primarily works as a nomadic private chef happily serving her international clientele all over the world. She also does freelance recipe R&D, having recently worked with cookbook authors Mads Refslund, James Peterson, Candice Kumai, Tama Matsuoko, and Alison Cayne. In her former NYC life, she was a culinary instructor. Teaching people how to cook with confidence remains her professional passion. She hopes to open a cooking school in the next couple years. In addition to building a food and cooking empire, Ashley also obsesses over travel (see @cendrenue), learning languages, interior design, dance cardio, and amaro liqueurs.