Keto-Friendly Ricotta Chicken Meatballs Recipe FTW
We never met a meatball we didn't like but if you're following a ketogenic diet, spaghetti and meatballs are usually off the table. Our keto-friendly version topped over zoodles keeps you on plan while savoring one of the old classics.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated high quality Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (preferably convection if you have it), and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir all of the ingredients except for the chicken together using a fork until well combined.
- Place ground chicken in a large mixing bowl, and stir in the ricotta mixture with a fork using large circular motions until well incorporated. (Mixture should seem slightly wet.)
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop balls onto the parchment-lined sheet pan. Try to space them out evenly. It's okay if they touch.
- Place in oven and roast for 25 minutes, turning pan halfway through.
- Remove meatballs from oven and serve immediately with the accoutrements of your choice.
Look for more amazing recipes on the Brit + Co Food page!
From Your Site Articles
- 14 Cozy Keto Soup Recipes to Warm Your Soul - Brit + Co ›
- 4 Keto-Friendly Cocktail Recipes That Are Low-Carb (and Delish ... ›
- You Shouldn't Be Eating Meat at Every Meal on Keto — Here's Why ... ›
- Ramen Gets a Keto-Friendly Makeover Thanks to This Star ... ›
- 12 Keto-Friendly Recipes to Sub Your Carbs Out With Cauliflower ... ›
- Everything You Can and Can't Eat on a Keto Diet - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Keto Dinner Recipes That Will Make Your Life *Way* Easier - Brit ... ›
- Curb Tot Cravings With This Cheesy, Keto-Friendly Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- Try This Keto-Friendly Steak Taco With Cheese Shell Recipe - Brit + ... ›
- Around The World in 20 Meatball Recipes - Brit + Co ›
Ashley primarily works as a nomadic private chef happily serving her international clientele all over the world. She also does freelance recipe R&D, having recently worked with cookbook authors Mads Refslund, James Peterson, Candice Kumai, Tama Matsuoko, and Alison Cayne. In her former NYC life, she was a culinary instructor. Teaching people how to cook with confidence remains her professional passion. She hopes to open a cooking school in the next couple years. In addition to building a food and cooking empire, Ashley also obsesses over travel (see @cendrenue), learning languages, interior design, dance cardio, and amaro liqueurs.