10 Brand Spankin’ New Kickstarter Projects
Oh Kickstarter, you never fail to inspire. The end of 2013 is packed to the max with unusual, innovative, and creative projects, and we’re here to round ’em up. From a cooler that also happens to be a blender to James Franco t-shirts, here are 10 new projects that made us look.
2. Gramovox: Old school meets new school in this gramophone-inspired new speaker. The sleek design and sound quality is modern, but the experience is meant to bring back a more nostalgic time, when people gathered around the gramophone to listen to new music, broadcasts, and the like. A pledge of $249 will get you one of the very first Gramovox speakers, and is expected to ship in May 2014.
4. PowerUp 3.0: A paper airplane you can control with your smartphone? I guess it was only a matter of time. You can attach PowerUp’s smart module to a paper airplane made from special powerful paper, and control it from your phone. A pledge of $40 gets you a basic airplane package, including the smart module, a propeller, 5 sheets of PowerUp-certified paper templates, and a battery pack.
6. The Knuckler Multi-Tool: It seems that there is always a new multi-tool on the block, and this time it’s all about the Knuckler. At just 2 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches, this little powerhouse is portable and ready to get you out of a pickle. Tools include: scraper, can opener, twist cap opener, hex wrenches in many sizes, wire stripper, portractor, hook/wire cutter, bottle opener, and 1 1/2 inch ruler. Get your own for $16.
8. The Tuck: How annoying is that excess part of your belt that is always flopping around? You try tucking it in, using an elastic to hold it on place, and even double-stick tape, but nothing works. Enter, The Tuck. An adjustable loop that you can put on just about any belt, to tidy up that excess belt material. $20 gets you the standard set of The Tuck, which includes small, medium, and large loops in reversible black and brown.
9. The Wooden Tie Bar: Rustic meets gentlemanly? Don’t mind if we do. Pledge $20 to get on the list to be the first on your block with a lovely wooden tie bar.
10. WERKSHOP Leggings: And finally, high performance meets high fashion in the form of leggings! Not only are these patterns pretty darn awesome, but they also deliver on technical and performance needs for yoga, dance, and a regular old workout at the gym.