10 Brand Spankin’ New Kickstarter Projects
Oh Kickstarter, you never fail to inspire. The end of 2013 is packed to the max with unusual, innovative, and creative projects, and we’re here to round ’em up. From a cooler that also happens to be a blender to James Franco t-shirts, here are 10 new projects that made us look.
2. Gramovox: Old school meets new school in this gramophone-inspired new speaker. The sleek design and sound quality is modern, but the experience is meant to bring back a more nostalgic time, when people gathered around the gramophone to listen to new music, broadcasts, and the like. A pledge of $249 will get you one of the very first Gramovox speakers, and is expected to ship in May 2014.
4. PowerUp 3.0: A paper airplane you can control with your smartphone? I guess it was only a matter of time. You can attach PowerUp’s smart module to a paper airplane made from special powerful paper, and control it from your phone. A pledge of $40 gets you a basic airplane package, including the smart module, a propeller, 5 sheets of PowerUp-certified paper templates, and a battery pack.
6. The Knuckler Multi-Tool: It seems that there is always a new multi-tool on the block, and this time it’s all about the Knuckler. At just 2 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches, this little powerhouse is portable and ready to get you out of a pickle. Tools include: scraper, can opener, twist cap opener, hex wrenches in many sizes, wire stripper, portractor, hook/wire cutter, bottle opener, and 1 1/2 inch ruler. Get your own for $16.
8. The Tuck: How annoying is that excess part of your belt that is always flopping around? You try tucking it in, using an elastic to hold it on place, and even double-stick tape, but nothing works. Enter, The Tuck. An adjustable loop that you can put on just about any belt, to tidy up that excess belt material. $20 gets you the standard set of The Tuck, which includes small, medium, and large loops in reversible black and brown.
9. The Wooden Tie Bar: Rustic meets gentlemanly? Don’t mind if we do. Pledge $20 to get on the list to be the first on your block with a lovely wooden tie bar.
10. WERKSHOP Leggings: And finally, high performance meets high fashion in the form of leggings! Not only are these patterns pretty darn awesome, but they also deliver on technical and performance needs for yoga, dance, and a regular old workout at the gym.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)