Beyond Tile: 25 Truly Beautiful Kitchen Backsplashes
We’re alllll about kitchens with character, and since backsplashes are totally on trend, you can have a lot of fun with the busiest room in the house. Whether your aesthetic is minimally Scandinavian or Upper East Side chic, there’s a tile style to suit your taste. Here are 25 completely pin-worthy ways to inspire your next kitchen makeover.
1. Mega Chevron: Don’t bore yourself with a small border of tile just above the countertop. Extend your backsplash to the ceiling for as much drama as you can handle. Here, there are two laminates laid in a chevron pattern, giving the look of a marble wall without the painful price tag. (via Domaine Home)
3. Honed Marble: Honed marble lacks the shininess and reflective qualities of polished marble, and the dramatic veining creates a luxurious, yet rustic look that’s perfect for a casual setting. (via Design Sponge)
4. Burnished Glass Tile: These bold disco tiles are best balanced by casual furnishings and accessories. Look for an old farmhouse table or some Windsor chairs to create a livable space. If only we could rip that copper lamp right off the screen! (via Templeton)
5. Unlacquered Brass: Brass is having a major moment right now, so it’s no surprise to see it trickle over into finishes. Cameron Diaz totally rocks this look in her bold green kitchen with matching brass-trimmed cabinetry. (via Elle Decor)
6. Stainless Steel: Stainless steel may feel a little clinical, but mixed with the right materials, it’s just the thing for a clean update to your cook space. Here, organic butcher-block countertops, modern geometric hexagonal tiles and steel form an unbeatable trio. (via Remodelista)
7. Pops of Color: You really can’t go wrong with a bright pop of color under your cabinets. It’s the perfect way to add some character to your kitchen, especially when you repeat the color in the hardware or lighting. (via Ashley Whittaker Design)
8. Patterned Cement Tiles: A backsplash is the perfect place for some fun patterning. At eye level, it’s a feast for the eyes, and with every color under the sun available, these tiles are a beautiful way to bring attention to other colors in your home. (via Wall Street Journal)
15. Creating Flow: Not for the faint of heart, this dramatic backsplash continues all the way from floor to ceiling — literally. The blue and white pattern beautifully leads the eye from kitchen counter to dining area. (via Shubin and Donaldson)
Will you be making a splash in your kitchen? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?