8 Ways to Re-Create Stormi’s First Birthday Party for Your Own Little One — On a Budget
By now you probably already know about the epic bday bash Kylie Jenner threw for one-year-old Stormi Webster. While a massive inflatable of the birthday girl’s face that guests walked through to get in the door was over-the-top, if you’re a billionaire, why not? But if you’re you’re not a billionaire (right now), you can still nab some awesome ideas from the fab fête — even ones you can do on a non-KarJenner budget.
1. Carnival Theme: You don’t need actual rides to throw a carnival-themed event. Roll in a cotton candy machine, set up a big top tent in the backyard, or just hang birthday banners with pics of clowns or anything else that matches the theme.
2. Carousel Cake: Stormi’s cake may have had a carousel cake that moved, but cake is cake, even if it’s not moving. Ask your local bakery to decorate a sheet cake with a cute carousel pic or top a regular round cake with a toy merry-go-round. It’s that easy!
3. Bubble Room: Out of all the activities at Stormi’s bash, this is the easiest to re-create on a budget. Buy a few bottles of bubbles, hand them out the the older kids and adults, and you’re ready for some seriously soapy fun.
4. Monogram It: The “StormiWorld” cups that Jenner’s guests took home are another easy element you can add into your own celebration. Design and print out your own labels to stick onto cups, bottles of water, or other food and beverage party packaging.
5. Balloon Bounty: Stormi’s party had balloons galore, and so can your child’s. Either blow up as many as your lungs allow and scatter them throughout the party space, or buy helium-filled ones to float near the ceiling.
6. Party Performance: Jenner hired performers to treat guests to the earworm otherwise known as “Baby Shark.” If you have room in your party budget, by all means, pay someone else to sing. If not, the kids will gladly groove to the tunes whether they’re live or coming from your iPhone.
7. Foodie Finds: The reported menu for the bash included fries and mini pizzas, so feel free to follow suit. This type of kid-friendly food will not only save you party cash, but the kiddos will actually enjoy it.
8. Merch Madness: An entire merch shop with take-home goodies for the guests is a luxe idea, but you can do your own version. Instead of printing up b-day tees, have older kids (and adults too!) tie-dye tops as a party favor. If that seems too complicated, or too messy, swap out the dye for fabric markers and plain white tanks.
What’s your fave kids’ party activity? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)