27 Last-Minute Thoughtful Graduation Gifts
It’s that time of the year again! Creative graduation traditions and parties are everywhere, you’re scouring the internet for words of wisdom about your next life chapters (here are some TED Talks for inspo) and… you need to get some gifts for the grads in your life. Like, now. This year, skip the Hallmark cards stuffed with a few bills. Keep things creative with these 27 out-of-the-box gift ideas that will make entering the real world not that scary.
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera ($69): You don’t want the graduate to forget the best days of their life. With this instant camera, they can collect their favorite memories and remember when.
2. Casey Geometric Cutout Faux Leather Tote & Pouch ($79): Who says work bags have to be boring? Spice up your grad’s collection with this laser cut (yes, laser cut) tote.
3. Brouk & Co Cord Taco Trio ($16): Did someone say tacos? No — not the guac-filled kind. These will keep your cords organized, which we all know is something you need extra help with.
4. AMIR Wide Angle/Macro Lens ($20): This macro lens fits almost any phone. Your grad can fake being a pro with this awesome gadget.
5. Uncommon Goods Inspired Women Desk Signs ($28): Help your grad dress up their new desk with an inspiring plaque.
6. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 535 Easy(ish) Steps ($16): It’s time to learn how to become a grown-up! This book gives you 535 easy(ish) steps to doing just that.
7. CedarHouseKeepsakes Personalized State Frame ($23+): Make sure the graduate remembers his or her roots with a one-of-a-kind, customizable frame.
8. Longchamp Le Pliage Tote ($145): Keep it classic, with a timeless Longchamp tote that’s work-appropriate and always in style.
9. BonMarcheOnline French Stripe Placemats ($60): Goodbye, paper napkins and plastic utensils! Start off their adulthood right with these multicolor striped placemats.
10. Uncommon Goods Scratch Travel Journal ($25): Give your favorite grad this travel journal to help them document their future adventures around the world.
11. The Essential Cocktail Book ($20): A book with 150 cocktail recipes?! Yes, please. Your graduate will thank you.
12. Gama Bikes City Basic Hybrid Bike ($259): College campus out, city streets in. Who wouldn’t love to ride this bright pink bike to work?!
13. SunnyLife Beach Radio ($50): Maybe the new graduate is taking a little time off and hitting the beach (in which case, we’re jealous). Give them this beach radio so they can listen to their favorite tunes, old-school style.
14. Old Hollywood Monogram Wine Stopper ($18): Gift this classy monogram wine stopper, because “wine” not?
15. Kate Spade Slim Battery Bank ($60): Your grad isn’t the only one who needs a little extra energy throughout the day. Help them juice up their phone with this portable charger.
16. Houdini Electric Corkscrew ($43): Sometimes, it just takes too much effort to open a bottle by yourself, so give them a little help with this electric wine opener.
17. This Is Ground Cordlupa 3 ($29): We all know how much of a pain that extension cord can be. Keep it under control with this light blue belt strap.
18. Threshold Lit Marquee @ Sign ($10): Help the grad decorate their new apartment (and encourage their Twitter obsession) with this marquee @ sign.
19. OutAndAboutVintageII Whale Cheese Board ($9): We “whaley” like cheese here and maybe the graduate does too.
20. Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones ($350): Starting a new job after they graduate? Their coworkers will be oohing and awing over these pink and gold headphones.
21. BangupBetty Get Sh*t Done Necklace ($26): This is *just* what they’re going to do after they snag that diploma.
22. ANamDesign You Are My Sunshine Pillow ($11+): You’re my sunshine… that’s what you’ll be telling the new graduate, at least!
23. First Aid Beauty Fab Faves To Go Kit ($30): Post-grad life is stressful, and their skin is going to need a little TLC. Gift them this chamomile skin rescue facial kit and they’ll be rejuvenated in no time.
24. graze ($14/+month): Enough with the mac and cheese and ramen. graze sends an array of snacks each month to keep taste buds on their toes.
25. Flight 001 4-in-1 Travel Adapter ($26): Are they jet-setting internationally after graduation? Say bon voyage with this 4-in-1 adapter that will come in handy for any country they’re visiting.
26. Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kit ($18): New jobs come with new stresses. First jobs? Don’t even get us started. This metallic mini-emergency kit will tackle at least some of them.
27. Rebecca Minkoff Laptop Case ($100): That old thing they call a computer case just isn’t going to cut it any longer; it’s time for a stylish leather envelope case! Just remind them, you’re movin’ on up, yo!
What did you get the graduate in your life this year? Let us know @BritandCo.
Additional reporting by Sophie Gilbert.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.