It’s that time of the year again! Creative graduation traditions and parties are everywhere, you’re scouring the internet for words of wisdom about your next life chapters (here are some TED Talks for inspo) and… you need to get some gifts for the grads in your life. Like, now. This year, skip the Hallmark cards stuffed with a few bills. Keep things creative with these 27 out-of-the-box gift ideas that will make entering the real world not that scary.
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera ($69): You don’t want the graduate to forget the best days of their life. With this instant camera, they can collect their favorite memories and remember when.
2. Casey Geometric Cutout Faux Leather Tote & Pouch ($79): Who says work bags have to be boring? Spice up your grad’s collection with this laser cut (yes, laser cut) tote.
3. Brouk & Co Cord Taco Trio ($16): Did someone say tacos? No — not the guac-filled kind. These will keep your cords organized, which we all know is something you need extra help with.
4. AMIR Wide Angle/Macro Lens ($20): This macro lens fits almost any phone. Your grad can fake being a pro with this awesome gadget.
5. Uncommon Goods Inspired Women Desk Signs ($28): Help your grad dress up their new desk with an inspiring plaque.
6. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 535 Easy(ish) Steps ($16): It’s time to learn how to become a grown-up! This book gives you 535 easy(ish) steps to doing just that.
7. CedarHouseKeepsakes Personalized State Frame ($23+): Make sure the graduate remembers his or her roots with a one-of-a-kind, customizable frame.
8. Longchamp Le Pliage Tote ($145): Keep it classic, with a timeless Longchamp tote that’s work-appropriate and always in style.
9. BonMarcheOnline French Stripe Placemats ($60): Goodbye, paper napkins and plastic utensils! Start off their adulthood right with these multicolor striped placemats.
10. Uncommon Goods Scratch Travel Journal ($25): Give your favorite grad this travel journal to help them document their future adventures around the world.