It’s that time of the year again! Celebs are crashing graduations to give moving speeches, you’re scouring the Internet for words of wisdom about next chapters to transform your Facebook statuses (here’s some!) and — whoops! That means you need to get some gifts for the grads in your life. Like, now. This year, skip the Hallmark cards stuffed with a few bills. Keep things creative with these 27 out-of-the-box gift ideas that will make entering the real world not that scary.
1. Time Capsule ($75): You don’t want the graduate to forget the best days of their life. With this time capsule, they can collect their favorite memories and remember when.
2. Sondra Roberts Laser Cut Tote ($126): Who says work bags have to be boring?! Spice up your grad’s collection with this laser cut (yes, laser cut) tote.
3. Cord Taco Grande ($25): Did someone say tacos? No — not the guac-filled kind. These will keep your cords organized, which we all know is something you need extra help with in college. (Shh, don’t tell them that part!)
4. Photojojo Wide Angle/Macro Lens ($20): This macro lens fits almost any phone! Your grad can fake being a pro with this awesome gadget.
5. Bexar Goods Mouse Pad ($50): Help your grad dress up their new desk with a fancy mousepad.
6. Adulting ($15): It’s time to learn how to become a grown up! This book gives you 468 easy(ish) steps to doing just that.
7. Personalized State Frame ($25): Make sure the graduate remembers his or her roots with a one-of-a-kind, customizable frame.
8. Longchamp Le Pliage Tote ($145): Keep it classic, with a timeless Longchamp tote that’s work-appropriate and always in-style.
9. Paint Chip Placemats ($32): Goodbye paper napkins and plastic utensils! Start off their adulthood right with these paint chip placemats.
10. Paint Pen Dipped Vases ($25): DIYing is NOT just for kids (obvi!). Give your favorite maker this kit to spruce up their apt.
11. The Cocktail Club ($23): A year of cocktails?! Yes, please. Your graduate will thank you.
12. City Bike ($298): College campus out, city streets in. Who wouldn’t love to ride this hot pink bike to work?!
13. Sunny Life Beach Radio ($50): Maybe the new graduate is taking a little time off and hitting the beach (in which case, we’re jealous). Give them this beach radio so they can listen to their favorite tunes, old school style.
14. Gold Monogram Wine Stopper ($34): Gift this classy monogram wine stopper, because “wine” not? ;)
15. Kate Spade Portable Charger ($120): Your grad isn’t the only one who needs a little extra energy throughout the day. Help them juice up their phone with this portable charger.
16. Unplugged Premium Wine Opener Set ($40): Gift your grad this electric wine opener. Sometimes, it just takes too much effort to open a bottle by yourself.
17. Cordlupa ($25): We all know how much of a pain that extension cord can be. Keep it under control with this gold leather belt strap!
18. Lucite At Sign ($68): Help the grad decorate their new apartment (and encourage their Twitter obsession) with this lucite @ sign.
19. Whale Cheese Board ($38): We “whaley” like cheese here at Brit + Co. and maybe the graduate does, too!
20. Leather-Wrapped Headphones ($150): Starting a new job after they graduate? Their coworkers will be oohing and awing over these rose gold and leather headphones.
21. Do Epic Sh-t Brass Banner Necklace ($26): This is *just* what they’re going to do after they snag that diploma.
22. You Are My Favorite Pillow ($70): You’re my favorite… that’s what you’ll be telling the new graduate, at least!
23. Chamomile Skin Rescue Facial Kit ($43): Post-grad life is stressful and their skin is going to need a little TLC. Gift them this chamomile skin rescue facial kit and they’ll be rejuvenated in no time.
24. Naturebox (from $20) Enough with the mac and cheese and ramen. Naturebox sends you an array of snacks each month to keep your taste buds on their toes. Any college-age young adult would love this… it’s food!
25. 3 Type Travel Adaptor ($20): Are they jetsetting to Europe after graduation? Lucky them!! Say bon voyage with this 3-way adapter!
26. Mini-Mercency Kit ($16): New jobs come with new stresses. First jobs? Don’t even get us started. This mini-mergency kit will tackle at least some of them!
27. Newman Laptop Case ($89): That jenky thing they call a computer case just isn’t going to cut it any longer. It’s time for a leather envelope case! Just remind them, you’re movin’ on up, yo!
What did you get the graduate in your life this year? Tell us in the comments below!