24 Lazy Girl-Approved Tracksuits That Are So 2016
To our delight (or dismay), Juicy Couture’s signature velour tracksuits are officially making a comeback. We’re dead serious. It just goes to show that everything old is new again and, more importantly, that the early ‘00s are back in full force. If you’re willing to wear a stretchy ‘90s-esque tattoo choker in 2016, then sporting a matchy-matchy (and potentially rhinestone-embellished) warm-up suit beyond the gym should be NBD. As the athleisure movement continues to gain traction on the streets and among self-proclaimed lazy girls everywhere, the timing couldn’t be more right to invest in one of these 24 modern-day tracksuits with major off-duty appeal. Seriously, just slip on some colorful monochrome sneakers and swipe on a bold red lip for a look that takes you from the boardroom to happy hour.
1. Sundry Cotton Gauze Jogger Pant ($125): Make it through airport security without a hitch thanks to these effortless joggers that were made for long layovers and missed connections. Once you arrive at your destination, you can slip them on with a triangle bikini top and soak up rays from the comfort of your balcony.
2. Missguided Zip Front Contrast Stripe Sports Jacket ($29) + Stripe Joggers ($32): Never did we think we’d see the day when a full-on tracksuit would be considered major street style bait again. Cue the PG-rated Netflix and chill vibes with this royal blue and red striped set that’s just as comfortable as it looks. But don’t be mistaken: It’s equally versatile for running weekend errands or embarking on a last-minute excursion.
3. ASOS Bomber With Sparkly Tipping ($49): With Olivia Palermo’s seal of approval, bomber jackets with a tracksuit aesthetic are totally game this fall. Whether you’re heading out for a night on the town or commuting into the city, this tomboy-chic bomber is the scene-stealing accessory your nine-to-five wardrobe has been waiting for. Slip it on with a sequined mini or play it cool with a black culotte jumpsuit and stilettos. Your move.
4. H&M Color-Block Jacket ($50): Call up your squad for an epic GNI (girls’ night in), complete with matching track jackets. Just think how fab you and your girls will look doing your nails in a girly pink color-block topper with this much Mean Girls edge. All that’s missing is a pair of your beloved Uggs.
5. ASOS Colourblock Joggers ($32): Too hot and sticky out for real clothes? Say no more. Pair these pale pink and gray joggers with an off-the-shoulder top and lace-up sandals for a heat-wave-proof date night look.
6. Markus Lupfer Metallic Print Track Shorts ($150): They sure don’t make track shorts like they used to. Not restricted to a fist-pumping workout sesh, these metallic drawstring running shorts were made for a GNO. Team ‘em with black kicks by day and a come-hither lace-up bodysuit by night.
7. Free People Glow Baby Run Top ($128): Round out your all-black-everything wardrobe with this fierce performance hoodie that will inspire you to hit the ground running. Channel your inner Gigi Hadid by styling it with black leggings, a bucket bag and mirrored aviators. Nighttime run? The reflective trim allows you to work out around the clock.
8. Without Walls Tear ‘Em Away Track Pant ($89): Before you say WTF, hear us out. In true Man Repeller fashion, these too-cool-for-school striped track pants don’t get nearly as much credit as they deserve. Not only are they guaranteed to keep you cool and dry during the dog days of summer, but they look cutting-edge with a lace blouse and metallic steppers.
9. Missguided Piped Cigarette Pants ($35): Oh, these old things? On mornings when you can’t even, simply toss these black piped cigarette pants on alongside sporty pool slides and a borrowed-from-the-boys baseball cap. A casual jaunt around the block has never looked so laid-back chic.
10. Outdoor Voices Stretch Crepe Track Pant ($115): Minimalist enthusiasts, unite! These stretchy crepe track pants are the wardrobe workhorse you didn’t know existed. Until now, anyway. The fuss-free silhouette and tapered ankles make them a shoo-in for post-gym outings when a quick outfit switcheroo is out of the question. Whether you style them with classic ballet flats and stripes or an oversized sweatshirt and New Balance sneaks, you can’t lose.
11. Free People Lux Silk Bottom ($235): Smooth as silk track bottoms? Sign us up, please. When too-tight skinny jeans are cramping your style, don’t hesitate to whip out these cool-girl-approved drawstring pants with prominent side stripes. It’s ah-mazing how DDG they look with a crop top and high pony.
12. Joseph Two-Tone Scuba-Jersey Straight-Leg Pants ($295): Is it just us, or could you totally see these flowy striped jersey pants hitting up the dance floor at the hippest nightclub in your ‘hood? Bonus: The legs unzip so you can show off your all-star kicks with one swift move.
13. 3.1 Phillip Lim Trapunto Track Jacket ($495) + Track Pant ($375): Achieve a model-off-duty look (we’re looking at you, Kendall Jenner!) with this splurge-worthy track suit by Phillip Lim that’s designed with the contemporary lady boss in mind. Everything from the streamlined fit and understated femininity will make you want to adopt a slightly androgynous style this season.
14. Silence + Noise Dane Track Pant ($64): Slouchy track pants that can double for the boardroom? It’s happening. These ultra luxe black trousers-turned-joggers in disguise will take you from back-to-back meetings to post-work drinks like that. Ditch the trainers for a streamlined blazer and some menswear-inspired loafers for a look that reads girlboss on the go.
15. Topshop Sporty Zip Through Track Top ($75): Enter the hero piece you’ll be reaching for time and time again. A quick sprint outside? Toss this easy-breezy track top on with boyfriend jeans (or denim overalls) and platform sandals for a uniform that doesn’t mess around.
16. Y.A.S. Tall Contrast Stripe Drawstring Cropped Hoodie ($49) + Contrast Stripe Detail Jogger ($57): So much YAS. This is what you throw on during a late-night run to pick up a pint of your favorite Ben & Jerry’s. (‘Cause pajama bottoms or — even worse — blasé sweats are obvs not acceptable.) DO embrace a messy top knot and your trusty white Birks for a look that says trying, but not trying too hard.
17. Missguided Crepe Side Stripe Joggers ($32): Girl, get ready to look boss in these navy striped joggers that won’t draw a side-eye from HR. When teamed with a crisp white button-down and power pumps, they’ll give you a reason to embrace casual Friday err’day. Pro tip: Ever-so-slightly cuff the hem of your joggers for a little extra panache.
18. Without Walls Track Star Zip-Up Jacket ($79): Fake it ’til you make it with this color-block track jacket that will make you look like a fit-girl even if you’re just picking up the groceries. In lieu of your everyday joggers and workout shorts, try styling it with a tennis skirt or even an LBD for a true athleisure look. You already know that pristine white tennies (or casual slip-ons) are non-negotiable.
19. We Are Handsome The Retrograde Forest Print Active Track Jacket ($325): Have an active getaway, will pack a rainforest-printed track jacket for unlimited athleisure vibes. Whether you toss it over a wetsuit, yoga pants or a going-out midi dress, this tropical topper is guaranteed to pack a punch (and then some). Once you factor in the cost per wear, it’ll easily pay for itself.
20. The Upside Como Striped Cotton-Terry Track Pants ($115): MC Hammer ain’t got nothing on you! These striped track pants, complete with a dropped crotch, are perfect for an early-morning stroll along the beach (slip them over your bikini, natch) or yoga in the park, followed by a stop at your favorite smoothie shop. A sports bra and stylish headphones are obligatory as you work up a sweat.
21. FILA + UO Rib Trim Sweater ($95): Old-school classics with a twist are where it’s at. Equal parts sporty and preppy, this retro varsity striped sweater would look killer layered over a denim pinafore dress or pared down with denim cutoffs and Chuck Taylors.
22. ASOS Luxe Contrast Side Stripe Jogger ($45): Keep things on the DL with a pair of these low-maintenance striped joggers that give you an excuse to lounge around for a bit. Infinitely chicer than any old pair of sweats, these bad boys demand respect — especially with a statement-making sweatshirt and Yeezys in tow.
23. Topshop Stripe Detailed Track Top ($85) + Tape Detailed Track Jogger ($95): Blend in with the crowd? Not in this striking red tracksuit that can be spotted at least a mile away. While you may not be able to wear it to the office, you can sport it to the club while filling in as the guest DJ (‘cuz you’re rad like that). For instant street cred, a hands-free fanny pack and glam cat-eye shades may be in order.
24. Zara Zipped Jogging Trousers ($50): More beach babe than sporty gal, these relaxed khaki joggers are just the thing to pack for your upcoming beach getaway. Not only will they serve as the ultimate bikini cover-up, but they’ll keep you toasty around the campfire come dusk.
Will you be test driving a track suit this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)