The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Dressing Really Well in 2019
While we all may love nailing an on-trend look, we don’t all have the time (or money) to primp and plan head-turning outfits week after week. But what if we could have it all? You can take every outfit from basic to bombshell with just a few really simple 2019 touches — sans the time and energy. Scroll on to find out how to live your best lazy-girl life and still look like you broke the bank.
1. When in doubt, belt it. Belts aren’t always about keeping your pants up. Boxy dresses, extra-long button-downs, and mini rompers can all be instantly upgraded with a sleek belt. This under-appreciated accessory accentuates your waist, and the right style can add a pop of color and texture when you need it most. (Photo via Matthew Sperzel/Getty Images)
2. Make a coat statement. Finding a fun, patterned overcoat can elevate your look — fast. Aside from being really damn cozy, a head-turning style can be thrown on over workout pants and ripped jeans for a more polished transformation. Complete the outfit with a tiny handbag and a gold necklace or two. (Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images)
3. Comfy pants but make it fashion. Sweats, track pants, athleisure — lazy gals prefer the coziest buy. Lucky for us, comfortable pants are having a moment right now, and the options are endless. Whether you choose pinstripe or plaid, you can easily dress up your soft stretchies with bold sneakers or boots, a cable knit sweater (tucked in, of course), and a sleek down jacket. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty Images)
4. One-pieces for the win. When it comes to choosing a trendy outfit, jumpsuits are a lazy girl’s dressing dream come true. Instead of worrying about pairing your top with your bottom, focus on the accessories instead. Animal print kicks and a monochrome clutch are guaranteed to make your jumper look special. (Photo via Matthew Sperzel/Getty Images)
5. Put a hat on it. Even if you’re not usually a hat person, a swanky beret, derby, or a fedora is bound to keep things interesting. Bonus points for wearing with an oversized blazer, mini dress, and not-so-basic black booties. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty Images)
What’s your secret, lazy gal? Tell us @BritandCo!