This spring, harness leather’s versatility for a kitchen decor refresh that doesn’t involve overhauling the existing theme of your space. You can boost your organization game with hanging shelves and labeled pantry storage, or add style with drawer handles and wine storage. Read on for chic DIYs to add leather accents to your space in no time.
1. DIY IKEA Hack Kitchen Island: Transform a mini dresser into a stylish mobile kitchen island. Pop on a set of wheels and leather handles, then mount a spice rack and towel holder on the sides and you’ll be *ready to roll* for your next dinner party. (via Redbook)
4. DIY Wood Leather Plant Hanger: Once you’ve covered your windowsills in plants, head to the ceiling and hack a thrifted bowl into a hanging planter with just a few craft supplies. Use leather cord to hang it from the ceiling and give your air plants the haute home they deserve. (via Made in a Day)
5. DIY Leather Handled Cutting Board: Adding a thick leather handle will give an extra dash of class to your cutting board collection. Plus, the addition will definitely come in handy when you’re moving around the kitchen or using it as a rustic serving tray. (via DIY in PDX)
6. DIY Leather Place Cards: Place cards can be a fun way to spruce up casual dinner parties. Stamp all your friends’ names onto these leather cards and then add colored stitching to the edge for extra *va-va-voom.* (via The Effortless Chic)
7. DIY Leather Organizer and Catchall: Truth be told, we all have that one drawer in the kitchen that’s a scary mix of coupons, batteries, broken fridge magnets, and who knows what else. Corral all that randomness into a catch-all with this easy DIY. (via Jojotastic)
8. DIY Leather Paper Towel Holder: Keep your paper towels within reach — but out of the way — with a simple, wall-mounted holder. All you need is a wooden dowel, two leather straps, and a steady hand with the hammer. (via Martha Stewart)
9. Leather Wrapped Legs: While this isn’t technically a DIY, it looks easy peasy to replicate. Wrap the legs of your storage cabinets, rolling island, or even your bar cart in leather and secure with mini gold nails. (via Cate St Hill)
10. DIY Leather Wall Shelf: Shelves are a great solution for keeping teeny-tiny kitchens organized and sleek. Using light leather to hang white shelves will save space and also create an Instagram-worthy #shelfie for all your fave glassware and vases. (via Pretty Nice)
12. DIY Leather Wrapped Cutting Boards: Pimp out your cutting boards with rustic leather detailing. All you need is a piece of cord and a simple cutting board with a handle, and you can make this rad accessory for next to nothing. (via Livet Hemma)
14. DIY Woven Leather Stool: Follow these techniques for weaving leather and whip up a set of snazzy new bar stools. The plush texture and rich cognac color are just the thing for a boho space or breakfast nook that’s in need of a little lovin’. (via Sugar & Cloth)
15. DIY Leather Wine Rack: Give your vino a little boost off of the kitchen counter with this DIY. Of course, once you’re finished, it’s definitely time to celebrate with a glass or three. (via DIY With Love)
17. Food52 Leather Knife Grabber ($130): Okay, okay, this isn’t a DIY, but we’re fairly certain you could cover a magnetic knife block with a piece of leather to copy this. Or you could just buy it; there’s no judgment here.
18. Brit + Co Faux Leather Stamping Kit ($24): Keep those surfaces and kitchen tables clean with our leather coaster stamping kit. Customize with your favorite booze-inspired saying and whip up a batch of Moscow mules. Cheers!
Loving these leather looks? Follow us on Pinterest for more DIY decor and dreamy kitchen inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.