11 Sweet Ways to Incorporate Honeycomb into Your Wedding
From taco weddings to alternative cakes, it’s no secret that the food at weddings is on another level now than it was 10 years ago. And the latest food trend to take weddings by storm? Honeycomb. Yes, the geometrically shaped phenomenon holding life’s sweetest ingredient is the PERFECT inspo for your nuptials. And this goes way beyond honey-infused recipes. Here are just a few of our favorite ideas.
1. All About the Cake: Sure, you could serve actual honeycomb for your wedding dessert, but let’s face it… people have come to expect cake. (via The Cake Blog)
2. A Sweet Favor: Forget chocolates and candies. Give your guests a naturally sweet ingredient to take home: pure honey. (via Royal Lace Bridal)
3. A Stunning Backdrop: We’re all about food, but there are also a ton of stylistic ways to incorporate honeycomb into your special day. We *adore* this elegant honeycomb-shaped backdrop complete with gorgeous flowers and industrial lights. (via Royal Lace Bridal)
4. Honey-Infused Macarons: Macarons are romantic and elegant, making them PERFECT for weddings. Try these honey-lavender ones. (via Hint of Vanilla)
5. Honey Drip Stirrers: Use honey drips to star your signature cocktail. (via Royal Lace Bridal)
6. Honeycomb Table Cards: If you’re making a seating chart for your reception, here’s the ideal way to incorporate the theme. Or, apply a similar technique to your guestbook (everyone write a note on the back of their tile). (via Aisle Society)
7. Honeycomb Wedding Cake, Take Two: Oh come on, you KNEW we were going to give you more than one option for a theme-appropriate cake. (via The Sugared Saffron Cake Studio)
8. DIY Honeycomb Lanterns: For a summer wedding, nothing could be more delightful than dancing al fresco in the flickery light of these paper lanterns. And, bonus, they’re quick and affordable to make. (via Lia Griffith)
9. Honeycomb Wedding Cake, Take Three: Finally, here’s a honeycomb wedding cake option for the girly bride. We think this would look fantastic alongside a cream and blush pink wedding palette. (via Mon Cheri Bridals)
10. Flower-Pressed Cookies: These whimsical and slightly rustic cookies would be gorgeous for a backyard or barn wedding. Just be sure to use edible flowers on these babies! (via 100 Layer Cake)
11. Honeycomb Escort Cards: Last but not least, how CUTE are these tiny bee-themed escort cards? They’re both incredibly sweet and unquestionably elegant. (via The Knot)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious inspo for your wedding!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)