This Tattoo Artist’s Bold + Dramatic Designs Are EVERYTHING
Bold, modern and geometric tattoos are kinda our jam here at Brit HQ. That’s why our latest #tattooercrush, Poland-based Marcin Aleksander Surowiec (aka @surowiec), has us crushin’ HARD. His dark and dramatic style is so rich in color and shadow that you will have a hard time believing these are actual tattoos. Scroll on for lots of geometric shapes, trippy creatures and lunar inspiration.
So what does the fox say? Purple, teals and pops of red are super in style for fall.
2. Machines: Surowiec manages to make this industrial skyscape dramatic, colorful and beautiful all at the same time. And those pastel smoke clouds add just the right amount of whimsy.
Is anyone else having a True Detective flashback here? While this epic landscape visage is no Rachel McAdams, she’s just as powerful with her moody land/skyscape.
Instead of going the tiny tattoo route, why not go with some big + beautiful lunar ink? This cool black and white design will be the perfect way to amp up your forearm party.
5. Fern: Who says leaves, palms or ferns have to be green? This gorgeous ombre blue shoulder tat almost looks like it’s waving in the wind.
6. Manta Ray: While we are definitely crushin’ over Surowiec’s unique + colorful designs, his bold black tats are just as rad. Case in point? This sexy thigh tat.
7. Trippy Phone: Psychedelic telephone waves FTW.
8. Teepee: This one’s for all the campers out there. A bold red teepee or tent like this would look fab just about anywhere on the bod.
9. Constellation + Planets: We’re pretty sure this rad bicep ink will help you travel between time and space. Bonus points if you get your zodiac constellation on there.
10. Octopus: This sea creature is one of mystical proportions. We are loving the ocean bod and bright red backdrop here.
11. Swan: Pretty bird! This stunning swan looks almost cloud-like with its wavy round lines.
12. Mandala: A little mandala action never hurt anyone, or any shoulder for that matter.
13. Hourglass: How rad is this colorful and geometric-inspired hourglass? Now if only we could have one IRL.
14. Lightening: We wouldn’t mind being struck by this electrifying, sci-fi-esque ink.
15. Tiger: This fierce tattoo has us ready to channel our inner tigress and go for that bold ink we’ve been dreaming of.
Rain, rain, never go away. We are loving the moody blues and bight stormy sky in this forearm tat.
17. Tropical Palm: Also proving that green leaves are oh-so boring, this rainbow monstera leaf is all kinds of awesome.
19. Magical Fox: This mystical fox has us ready for the next full moon.