This Tattoo Artist Incorporates Pixels into His Beautiful Designs
Tattoos. Tats. Ink. Whatever you want to call them, we love ’em in all forms. From minimalist to floral to galaxy-inspired, these masterpieces have us ready to book our next (or first!) appointment at the local parlor. That’s why we’re introducing this new series: #TattooerCrush Spotlight. To kick things off, we’re focusing on Moscow-based artist Lesha Lauz (AKA Alexey), who puts beauty in the imperfections with what he calls his “Pixel + Glitch” style. And while his tattoos might be a little “glitchy,” these pixelated works of art remind us of the time when non-HD, low-res Nintendo games like Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong were all that. You can even check out how to create this style with his painting tutorial on COPIC.
1. Russian Dolls: Alexey has the Matreshka dolls down to a pretty + glitchy tee. We are loving the fade effect here.
2. Unicorn: We wouldn’t mind having this majestic pastel creature on our backs. It’ll surely to bring magic wherever it goes.
3. Fox: Alexey is also known to whip out a few watercolor masterpieces. This foxy sleeve is a real beaut.
4. Lion King: Simba in pixel form? This makes us want to hakuna matata all the way to our local parlor.
5. Hedgehog: This adorable little hedgehog is too cute for words, but not for pixels.
6. Cityscape: This Prague cityscape has us dreaming of wandering through cobblestone streets and getting lost in the “City of a Hundred Spires.”
9. TARDIS: Any Dr. Who fans out there? You too can let the TARDIS disappear to another time right on your very own arm.
10. Heron: This mighty sea bird is definitely meant to be in pixel form.
12. Fish: We’re glitchin’ out over this gorgeous shoulder tat.
14. Poppy: Pretty. Pixelated. Poppies. Now go ahead and say that five times fast.
Which pixel tat are you loving? Any other tattoo artists we should know about or feature in this series? Let us know in the comments below!
(Photos via @leshalauz)