This Mason Jar Ramen Recipe Will Forever Change Your Lunch Game
Making lunches to bring to work can be daunting. The food prep and cooking just takes too much time. If that go-to chopped salad recipe is starting to feel like a deadbeat relationship, keep reading. We’ve got an easy-to-prep, make-ahead and healthy ramen recipe that will spice up your lunch menu! I made a simple vegan recipe packed with veggies, brown rice noodles and kimchi, but feel free to get creative with the ingredients. Make enough for the week. When you’re ready to eat, just pour hot water in your mason jar, mix and watch as your soup makes itself. Not only is this super simple, but it’s also easy to take on the go.
* Note: Whatever variation you come up with, put flavorings on bottom, then veggies, noodles and finally toppings. This will yield best results.
Mason Jar Ramen Recipe
- 1 teaspoon bouillion paste (I used Better than Bouillion vegetable paste, but you could also use chicken, beef, pork, miso or Thai curry paste.)
- 3 tablespoons kimchi (or more if you like spice!) If kimchi isn’t your thing, try sesame seed oil, chili sauce or Sriracha.
- veggies! I used corn, carrots and sautéed mushrooms. You could add spinach, peppers or bok choy. There are endless possibilities here.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice noodles. You can also try udon, soba noodles, vermicelli or spaghetti. Get creative!
- green onions on top (optional)
- mason jar (the wide mouth containers work best)