This Summer’s Must-Try Messy Buns, According to Pinterest
From finding the perfect summer dresses to discovering new ways to reinvent your night-time beauty routine, Pinterest is our go-to resource for *everything* trending — and what’s new in hair is no exception. This season, beat the summer heat with a slew of pretty messy buns curated by our homies over at Pinterest. Whether you’re creating your look for a casual summer wedding or just want to toss up your second-day locks on your way to work, we’ve got the top summer hairstyles (lazy-girl approved, of course) that’ll have you prepped for a summer full of woke-up-like-this styles. Scroll on and get inspired!
1. Half-Up Bun: Stroll into your morning meeting with an effortless appeal. This second-day-friendly ‘do is as simple as it looks, giving you some extra snooze time before heading to the office. (via Lulu’s Blog)
2. Tuxedo Braid Messy Bunn: You’ve got the poise of a prima ballerina — or at least you will with this super easy hair hack. An upside-down braid is a perfect way to give your lazy bun an elevated aesthetic. (via Makeup Wearables)
View this post on Instagram
Loving this fishtail twist on the popular topknot hairstyle by @hairbymarissasue 😍 How amazing does it look on @jaylee_merrill?! Comment below and let us know 👇👇 Oh, and don’t forget to tag your bestie for some #hairspiration today 😉😏
A post shared by Luxy Hair (@luxyhair) on
3. Fishtail Half Knot: Bring on the cool-girl vibes with this Dutch fishtail hairstyle. This Mohawk-inspired look is easy enough to style on the fly, and trendy enough to rock at all your summertime events.
4. The Ultimate Messy Bun: Now this is a bun with some serious body! This badass updo dresses up any outfit instantly, taking your look from beach-time chillin’ to date night at the drop of a hat. (via Impressions)
5. Wispy Braid + Low Bun: Braids and bling are your new BFFs when it comes to piling on the charm. Pulling apart the strands is key for adding thickness to your side braid and seamlessly blending it into a relaxed low bun. (via Missy Sue)
6. Half-Up Boho Braided Bun: Gearing up for a summer filled with music festivals? Give your concert hairstyle an ethereal touch by adding loose, haphazardly placed braids to transform your look from lazy gal to bohemian goddess in minutes flat. (via Kassinka)
7. Low Braided Chignon: Look out, ladies, because this topsy tail hack is about to take over your summer. Create an elegant chignon in a matter of minutes with a classic technique that proves the ’90s will never die. (via exPress-O)
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.