This Recipe Will Make Weekday Breakfast Feel like Weekend Brunch
Three words: candied. edible. flowers. If you’re looking for an easy way to impress your guests this summer, try your hand at baking these simple lemon loaves with sugared flowers. Both beautiful and scrumptious, these treats will make everyone think you’ve opened your own own patisserie!
Lemon Loaf Ingredients:
– 1 box lemon cake mix
– 3 eggs
– ½ cup vegetable oil
– 1 cup water
– 1 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
– 3 tbsp milk
– 1/2 tsp clear vanilla extract
Sugared Edible Flower Ingredients:
– 1 package edible flowers (buy from your local upscale grocery store)
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 egg white
1. Brush edible flowers on both sides with egg whites and set on cooling rack. Lightly dust sugar over flowers. Let sit in fridge for an hour until the flowers harden.
2. Mix and bake cake mix in mini loaf pans according to instructions. We recommend baking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
3. Make the frosting by beating together confectioner’s sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. If it’s too thick, slowly add milk until it reaches the consistency you want.
4. Drizzle over cooled lemon cakes.
5. Set and decorate with edible flowers.
Lightly brush your flowers with egg whites and then set them on a cooling rack. Dust them with sugar and then let them sit in the fridge until they are hard.
Follow the instructions on your cake mix package to make your lemon cakes. We recommend cooking them until they’re lightly brown on top.
Make the frosting by beating together confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Add milk until it reaches the consistency you want. You’re going to pour it on the cakes, so make sure it’s not too thick!
Drizzle the frosting over the cakes.
Set and decorate with edible flowers. If you’d like, add another dusting of confectioner’s sugar or lemon zest to prettify it even more!
These bad boys are definitely instagram worthy.
Are you making this project yourself? We’d love to see the results! Share photos with the hashtags #britstagram and #iamcreative so we can take a peek!