18 Modern Holiday Wreaths You Can Totally DIY
When it comes to decking the halls and adorning the doors, nothing completes the look more than a festive holiday wreath. These modern takes on the traditional holiday staple are downright easy to DIY. Which is good, because you’ll need to have time left over for stringing the lights, wrapping the gifts and throwing the ultimate holiday cocktail party.
2. Minimalist Wreath: Rope a few evergreen sprigs onto a wooden ring and you’re halfway to finishing this wreath. Matte black ornaments and geometric wooden shapes finish off the clean look and kick this ultra-modern wreath up a notch. (via Made from Scratch)
3. Merry + Bright Retro Wreath: This easy and affordable DIY project adds a burst of color and modern retro style to your home. Fuzzy yarn and shiny ornaments make it the perfect accent to, say, a tinsel tree. (via Live Laugh Rowe)
5. Triangular Wreath: Circles don’t have a monopoly on wreath shapes anymore. When you’re done trimming the tree, don’t throw the scraps away: Piece them together into a cute and simple triangular wreath. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
6. Egg Carton Wreath: Talk about unconventional materials. Gather up some empty egg cartons and slice leaves out of the soft, textured material. Give it some glitz with a stroke of gold paint. (via Sinnenrausch)
10. Pastel Paper Wreath: Wrapping papers in soft hues make up this sweet wreath, but don’t put yourself into a box: You can also use newspaper, old magazine pages, holiday cards… let your imagination run wild and use your favorite colors for a touch of personalization. (via We Are Scout)
11. Festive + Flowery Wreath: No offense to poinsettias, but there are other flowers out there that are just as festive. You can use silk flowers to make this modern favorite even more long-lasting. That’s good, because you won’t want to take it down. (via Freckle and Wulff)
15. Starburst Wreath: This wreath screams glamorous, and you’d never be able to guess it’s DIY. Lightweight foam and wooden rods make up the majority of the structure, so you can hang it without nails on apartment walls. Your friends will be *so* impressed by your craftiness. (via PMQ for Two)
16. Burlap Wreath: A neutral burlap wrap lets the pine sprigs and ornaments shine on this crafty wreath. The snowflake is the icing on the cake and rounds it out and balances the modern + rustic feel of this adornment. (via Love of Family and Home)
17. Cranberry Wreath: Tangy cranberries don’t only make great sauce. They also look great on a wreath made of pine tree branches. Add a ribbon in a contrasting color for even more pop. (via Hello Wonderful)
Share your holiday DIYs with us on Instagram using hashtag #iamcreative!