Morning Buzz! American Horror Story Finally Released the Season 7 Title and It Sounds So Scary + More
AHS season seven details and Louis Tomlinson’s new single make this morning’s top news tidbits. Check out those and more below in the Friday Morning Buzz!
1. American Horror Story fans have been dying to find out what the upcoming season — which we know will take place around the 2016 election and feature Lena Dunham — will be called, and now there’s finally an answer. On Thursday night at Comic-Con in San Diego, FX announced that season seven will be called “Cult,” aaaaand we’re already totally spooked. The new season will also star Sarah Paulson, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Colton Haynes, and more, and premieres on September 5 at 10pm ET. (h/t EW, photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2.Not even the Royal Family can get Game of Thrones spoilers. During their tour in Germany, William and Kate met Tom Wlaschiha, the German actor who plays Jaqen H’ghar in the series. After they revealed that they were big fans of the show, H’ghar told the Evening Standard they were looking for some clues for the upcoming season — but he had to shut them down. “They wanted spoilers, but I said I couldn’t tell them,” he said. “I’m surprised they have time to watch such a long-running series.” Even royals need some TV veg time. (h/t Mashable, photo via Sean Gallup/Gett)
3. Johnny Depp allegedly spent $7,000 on a couch from Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Depp is in the middle of ongoing legal troubles with his former business managers over financial matters, and as details continue to emerge about his spending habits over the years, one tidbit can’t help but stand out: Depp once allegedly spent $7,000 “to buy and store a couch from the set of Keeping Up With the Kardashians as a gift for his now 18-year-old daughter,” Lily-Rose. Look, if we had Depp’s fortunes, we can’t say we wouldn’t do the same. Depp’s former business managers claim he racked up debts, including the above, and refuses to pay, having left a credit card balance of over $50,000 to pay off. (h/t People, photo via John Phillips/Getty)
4. OMG: As if McDonald’s doing delivery wasn’t amazing enough, you can also get free merch with it. On July 26, AKA Global McDelivery Day, McDonald’s is celebrating the launch of its delivery service via UberEATS by giving out free branded swag with your order. Look, we need that Big Mac onesie, and if it means we must order sweet, sweet all-day breakfast to get it, that’s just a sacrifice we’re willing to make. Check out McDeliveryatMcDonalds.com to see if your local McD’s is participating and to get a better look at the free goodies. (h/t Allure)
5. Louis Tomlinson just released his new single and 1D fans are LIVING for it. “Back to You” is finally here! Tomlinson’s new song, from his upcoming debut solo album, features the wonderful Bebe Rexha and producer Digital Farm Animals, and despite the fact that Tomlinson considers himself the “forgettable” member of One Direction, his fans’ reactions would say otherwise. “Literally had me smiling, dancing and crying at the same time,” one fan tweeted, while another said they stayed up from midnight until 5:30 am listening to it. That’s dedication! (h/t Billboard)
6. Quote of the day: “Happiness is not a goal. It’s a by-product of a life well lived.” Let these words from Eleanor Roosevelt send you off into a well-lived weekend.
What do you think of Louis Tomlinson’s new song? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)