Sugar cravings are extremely inconvenient. Why is it that at 9 p.m., just as we sit down to watch Orange Is the New Black, we start daydreaming of cupcakes, decadent brownies and peanut butter cups? Lucky for all of us, there’s the mug cake. It’s easy to make, one serving (so you don’t go overboard on seconds) and dished up in a cute cup. Guess you can have the best of both worlds — convenience and decadence.
1. 5-Minute Chocolate Fudge S’Mores Mug Cake: Who needs the campfire when you have marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker together in one perfect dish, er, cup. (via How Sweet It Is)
2. Caramel Apple Mug Cake: Apple pie meets cake in this scrumptiously easy-to-make dessert. And if apples are involved, doesn’t that make it kind of, almost healthy? (via The Hungry Hedgehog)
3. Caramel Fleur de Sel Mug Cake: Oprah has topped herself again with this simple sea salt, caramel concoction. (via Oprah)
4. Luscious Double Lemon Cake: When life hands you lemons, you better get to making this mug cake. Tangy citrus zest is only made better by delicious sugar icing. (via The Boomer Brief)
5. Cheesecake in a Mug: With a cream cheese base, optional fixings, like chocolate chips or jam, and a coating of graham cracker on top, this recipe is perfect for someone looking to take their cakes from spongy to smooth. (via 2 Stews)
6. A Cup of Coffee Cake: If you have an early morning sweet tooth, this crumbly, cinnamon coffee cake will satisfy your craving quite nicely. (via Perfectly Prudent)
7. Raspberries Sour Cream Mug Cake: Tart berries and sour cream mix together for a perfect sweet-meets-sour treat. (via The Hungry Hedgehog)
8. Nutty Little Mug Cake: Between Nutella and Ferrero Rocher, this cake takes decadence to a whole new level. (via This Little Street)
9. The Ultimate Gooey Caramel Brownie Mug Cake Sundae: Made with a hint of espresso and topped with a scoop of ice cream, this chocolate caramel cake will have sundae lovers rejoicing. (via Willow Bird Baking)
10. Biscoff Mug Cake: Biscoff spread (made from speculoo cookies and sometimes called cookie butter) is the hero of this wonderfully simple dessert. (via Country Cleaver)
11. Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake: Just because it isn’t October, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the taste of autumn with this spiced treat. (via Patty’s Food)
12. Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake: Made with cocoa powder and topped with powdered sugar, this cake is totally vegan, totally chocolate and totally easy. (via Embracing The Every Day)
13. Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake: Craving a cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing? This mug cake has you covered. (via Cooking Classy)
14. Peanut Butter Mug Cake: Apparently you can make this cake in one minute flat. Which is especially important if you are having a peanut butter and chocolate must-have moment. (via Five Heart Home)
What’s your go-to late night treat? Share in the comments!