True or false? Cupcakes were a trend. 100% false, of course! Handheld miniature cakes are always in delicious style in our book. If you’re as cupcake obsessed as we are, check out this collection of 12 unique recipes that are almost too pretty to eat. Need more awe-inspiring ideas? Bookmark these packaging ideas worthy of their creativity!
2. Neapolitan Ice Cream Cupcakes: Three flavors of sponge cake — chocolate, vanilla and strawberry — are baked inside ice cream cones and topped off with a coordinating trio of buttercream frosting. (via Vagabond Baker)
4. Maple Pecan Cupcakes With Tiny Buttermilk Pancakes: How adorbs are those itty bitty flapjacks?! You’ll need to knock out a few different recipes to create these squee-worthy cupcakes, but it’s totally worth it. (via The Moon Blush Baker)
6. Valentine’s Day Donut Cupcakes: Sure, these strawberry-flavored cupcakes may be meant for February 14th, but don’t you deserve donut-topped confections all 365 days of the year? Why, yes. Yes you do. (via Kailley’s Kitchen)
7. Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Popcorn Chocolate Cupcakes: Such a fantastic blend of textures and flavors — chocolate cake forms the base of these brown-butter-frosting-and-caramel-corn-topped cupcakes. (via Half Baked Harvest)
8. Ferrero Rocher Stuffed S’mores Cupcakes: Where do we even begin? S’mores are pretty hard to improve upon, but these cupcakes kick up the classic campfire snack by tucking a whole hidden candy into the middle. (via Sua Sponte Life)
10. Very Vanilla Bacon Cupcakes with “Pork Belly” Caramel: The “pork belly” topping is really just layers of caramel, nought, coconut and almonds. In other words, possibly even better than the real thing. (via The Moonblush Baker)
Share your favorite cupcake creations with us in the comments or hit us up on Instagram!