These Multi-Use Kitchen Appliances Clear the Clutter
There are a ton of ways to hack your small kitchen to be more functional. Ideas like a pegboard wall organizer or open shelving can make the most out of small-space storage. But, the best way to keep things from getting overly crowded is to get rid of clunky appliances that have one use, and one use only. Here, 10 of the best multi-use kitchen appliances that’ll keep you blending, grilling, and pressure cooking without clutter.
1. Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker ($27): Say goodbye to your panini press, because your waffle maker can do the same thing AND make waffles. On top of that, you can even use it to make bacon without the splatter.
2. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Six-Quart Pressure Cooker ($100): Do we even need to talk about this one? If you’re not familiar with the Instant Pot, it’s an electric pressure cooker that can replace up to seven of your appliances. Use it to make everything from cheesecake to pot roast to perfect hard boiled eggs.
3. Vitamix Pro Series 750 ($600): Yes, that’s a lot of money for a blender, but it’s *so* much more than that. You can puree soups, make frosé, and fix your daily green smoothie in literally seconds.
4. Crock-Pot Seven-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker ($27): No matter how little room you have, a slow cooker is a necessity. Take one scroll through Pinterest, and you’ll see all the ways this affordable multi-use product is a must-have.
5. BLACK+DECKER Six-Slice Digital Convection Countertop Toaster Oven ($54): If you have a toaster that only toasts, you’re doing it wrong. This high-tech countertop oven can toast six slices of bread, broil your cheesy bagel, bake your cookies, and even cook a 12-inch frozen pizza to perfection.
6. Cuisinart Seven-Speed Electric Hand Mixer With Storage Case ($60): If a stand mixer takes up too much space in your tiny kitchen, this easy-to-store hand mixer will easily get any job done. Whether you’re whipping delicate cream or kneading a tough pizza dough, this mixer has the attachments and power to get it done.
7. Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus DLC-2A Food Processor ($38): This little guy may be small, but he is mighty. If you’re not frequently cooking for a crowd, it’s plenty big enough for making a quick pesto, chopping onions, or an easy vinaigrette.
8. Jumbo Professional 22-Inch Electric Griddle ($45): Some small apartments come with a stove that has only a couple of tiny burners. When you’re trying to cook for more than yourself, that can be a tricky feat. This griddle can be plugged in anywhere to cook eggs, bacon, and pancakes galore.
9. KitchenAid 1.25-Liter Electric Kettle ($76): When your burner space is precious, you don’t want to waste it on a pot of boiling water. This electric kettle can help you make rice in a flash, soup without turning your stove on, and your nightly cup of tea.
10. Anova Culinary Bluetooth Sous Vide Precision Cooker ($150): Technically, a sous vide has one use, but it can cook everything from meats, fish, and vegetables to soups and desserts. Plus, it doesn’t take up a lot of room to store.
Follow us on Pinterest for more kitchen inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.