Reusable Stamping Plates Are the Secret Behind Those Unbelievably Intricate Nail Art Designs
Love intricate manicures as much as the next beauty-obsessed gal, but don’t have the money, time, or steady hand to keep up with a weekly regime? Nail art stamps are about to change your life. Unlike nail wraps that fall off or sticker templates that are prone to smudging, metal stamping plates (which usually come accompanied by a scraper and rubber stamp) are easy to use and environmentally friendly and last as long as your base coat. Plus, thanks to their reusable design, they’re kind to your wallet.
To add these handy beauty tools into your routine, start with a layer of liquid latex around your nail in case you stamp outside the lines. Coat the etched plate of your choice in a polish conducive to stamping (brands like MoYou, Nicole Diary, and Born Pretty have lines specifically made for the technique), and spread it evenly into the crevices of the template with the scraper. Press the rubber stamper into the painted plate and stamp it onto your nail, working quickly to avoid drying. (Photo via @katenokr)
Getting the hang of it might take a few tries, but after that, you’ll likely develop a full-on addiction. Shop the below stamping plates to help you tackle any trend, including seasonal themes, animal print, and negative-space designs.
1. MoYou Trend Hunter 19 ($10): Go wild with animal print nail stamps to create a safari-approved manicure.
2. Maniology Botanicals: Golden Afternoon Single Plate ($4): Give your mani a little flower power with this intricate nature-inspired plate.
3. Born Pretty Summer Fruit Leaf Rectangle Nail Plate ($6): Whichever colors you use, this summery stamping plate is sure to give your nails the ultimate sunny vibes.
4. Moyra 15 Lacelove Stamping Plate ($11): Sure, you could layer sheer lace fabric as a DIY hack. Or get the look of intricate nail art in half the time with this template.
5. Nicole Diary Rectangle Stamping Plate Tattoo Series ($4): Bring the art museum to your manicure with this minimalist, abstract stamping plate.
Have you used nail stamp templates before or want to try them? Tell us about it @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.