Nectarine Recipes: 20 Ways to Get Your Stone Fruit Fix
Nectarines: So seasonal, so summery, but most of all? So versatile! That’s right! Even though they’re only at their most flavorful peak for a couple of months, there’s more than a few ways to enjoy this superb stone fruit. When you’ve got a sweet tooth to satisfy, nectarines make some of the most decadent desserts around, but they can also shine as the star of savory dishes — tossed onto salads, chopped into salsas and even… as toppings on pizza?! (Oh yeah!) Get your nectarine fix while you can with these 20 delish recipes.
1. Fried Mozzarella, Basil and Nectarine Stacks With Balsamic Glaze: We’re getting our fancy appetizer on with savory nectarine stacks. Everything is better with fried mozzarella and fresh basil, right? (via Half Baked Harvest)
2. Gluten-Free Strawberry Nectarine Crumble: Mmm, gluten-free never looked so good! Decked out with fresh nectarines, strawberries and ice cream, nothing’s holding you back from enjoying this delicious crumble. (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Pickled Nectarine and Burrata Salad: Say goodbye to your salad rut! This unique flavor combination — pickled nectarines and torn burrata — turns simple greens into something sublime. (via Five and Spice)
4. Grilled Salmon and Red Onions With Nectarine Salsa: Give your salsa (and salmon!) a sweet summery twist with the addition of freshly chopped nectarines. (via Williams Sonoma)
6. Grilled White Nectarines With Amaretto Spiked Mascarpone: Fire up the grill for this boozy treat. Amaretto meets mascarpone and grilled peaches: Your post-BBQ dessert just got a serious upgrade. (via The Old Hen)
7. Nectarine Pizza With Fresh Basil and Reduced Balsamic: Everything is better on top of a pizza! Nectarines pair perfectly with fresh basil, another summery seasonal treat. (via Alexandra Cooks)
8. Nectarine and Fennel Salad: A healthy salad with some serious heft, this beauty is a full meal in a bowl. Our favorite stone fruit meets up with protein-packed quinoa and fresh, crisp fennel. The results are heavenly. (via Sprouted Kitchen)
9. Caramelized Nectarine and Feta Quesadilla With a Balsamic Glaze: Salty-sweet perfection! Warm feta melted over sticky caramelized nectarines… yeah, our mouthes are watering too. (via Fabtastic Eats)
12. Rustic Nectarine and Almond Galette: Give your peach and cherry pies a break and swap ’em out for this gorgeous nectarine and almond galette! It’s the perfect ending to a warm weather meal. (via Williams Sonoma)
14. Nettle Basil Pesto Pasta With Nectarines: As if pesto pasta wasn’t perfect enough, throw in fresh nettles and some sweet nectarines to balance out the salt, and you’ve got a dinner that’s out of this world. (via Sweet Roots)
15. Mango, Nectarine and Passionfruit Semifreddo: Semifreddos, you’re so glamorous. We’re obsessed with this version that focuses on a few of the brightest, flavor-packed fruits of the season: mangoes, nectarines and tropical passionfruits. (via What Katie Ate)
17. Nectarine and Salmon Skewers: So fresh, so light. We’re in love with this protein and produce-packed twist on a traditional kebab. It’s a dreamy summertime appetizer, or perfect on its own for dinner or lunch. (via Healthier Christo)
18. Dutch Baby With Spiced Nectarine Blueberry Compote: Upgrade your brunch with this one skillet wonder. It’s packed full of fresh, seasonal flavors and a delicious color pop from bright blueberries and nectarines. (via From The Little Yellow Kitchen)
What’s your favorite nectarine treat? Do you go for savory, sweet, or a combo? Tell us all about it in the comments!