The time has come, our friends, to ditch the heavy winter foods for some light, low-cal recipes. Salads are the obvious choice, but let’s face it: While a bowl of greens may be packed with nutrients, it can be less than exciting. That was… until today. Forget the pizza and burgers, we found 12 salad recipes that take advantage of crazy flavorful ingredients to mix up mouth-watering meals. Oh, sorry, did you think salads were boring? Think again.
1. The Roasted Everything Salad: Roasted chicken, vegetables and fruit make this warm, paleo-friendly salad beyond satisfying. (via VMAC + Cheese)
2. Fennel and Pear Salad With Red Wine Vinaigrette: Using the freshest spring ingredients, this salad should probably be at the top of your list for your next dinner party. (via Summer Tomato)
3. Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Salad: Avocados add a tasty summer twist on a classic tomato, basil and mozzarella salad. (via Just a Spoonful of)
4. Thai Mango Salad: Craving Thai food? Skip the curry in a hurry. This cold salad brings together the zest of Thai within minutes, and it’s even oil-free. (via Veggie Wedgie)
5. Grilled Kale Salad With Beets, Figs and Ricotta: Tender greens become more alluring with charred kale. The usual bitterness of kale is balanced with the sweetness of beets and figs for a flavor overload. (via Five and Spice)
6. Roasted Sweet Potato, Wild Rice and Arugula Salad: Add grains into your salad with this earthy and sweet recipe. It can be eaten warm or cold, depending on your mood. (via Pinch of Yum)
7. Taco Salad: Taco night is here! Take the same ingredients and skip the shell for a healthier take on the treat. (via Family Feast)
8. Strawberry Cashew Broccoli Salad: You no longer have to dread your greens. This summer recipe sneaks in broccoli with the sweetness of strawberries and grapes, and the saltiness of cashews and goat cheese. (via Drool Worthy Daily)
9. Spicy Mushroom and Lentil Salad: Lentils kick up the heat in this warm dinner salad with portobello mushrooms, parmesan cheese and arugula. Now you can get your fiber, protein and the rest of your nutrients with loads of flavor. (via Beauty and Sass)
10. Summer Peach, Mozzarella and Prosciutto Salad: This creative take on Italian prosciutto e melone oughta be making you really excited for peach season. (via Fleur de Sel)
11. Summer Tomato Salad: Sliced and well-seasoned summer tomatoes are the ideal side dish for grilled chicken or fish. Make it a filling dinner salad by adding farro or quinoa. (via David Lebovitz)
12. Arugula Salad With Roasted Tomatoes and Pasta: Make your next pasta night a healthier one. Swap out the creamy and heavy sauces for garlic roasted tomatoes and fresh arugula. (via Cookin Canuck)
Which of these salads is making you hungry? Let us know in the comments below.